- Last Updated on Monday, 23 December 2013 17:20
- Published on Monday, 23 December 2013 17:20
- Hits: 2648
After nearly pulling off a miraculous win over the undefeated Courtland Cougars (47-45), on Tuesday night, the Foxes girls’ varsity basketball team was dealt another loss by Caroline (50-38). The Foxes will return to action on Jan. 1, as they travel to play conference 22 rival, Liberty-Bealton. Shortly after their first battle of the season with Liberty, the Foxes will host Mountain View.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 11:07
- Published on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 11:05
- Hits: 3347
The last time a King George Middle School wrestler grappled with an opponent was six years ago. Now, nearly a month into the winter sports season, 34 KGMS wrestlers have experienced three tournaments, and a wealth of knowledge thanks to their head coach, Rick Buckwalter. Buckwalter, and King George High School wrestling head coach Paul Kraisser have successfully pursued the issue of resurrecting the middle school wrestling program in King George.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 00:04
- Published on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 00:04
- Hits: 3022
The foundation is set, and mold for future Foxes volleyball stars will never be broken.
King George High School varsity basketball head coach Jill Wine is passionate about the game of volleyball. Rather than focus only on the development of the high school team during the off-season, she has stepped up to produce the Foxes’ first middle school volleyball team.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 05:49
- Published on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 05:49
- Hits: 2395
As of Dec. 3, sports opportunities will enter a new phase of athletic awareness at King George Middle School. For the first time in the school’s history, the sports department will feature wrestling and volleyball alongside boys’ basketball. However, in light of the fall season sports programs’ success, the Foxes winter middle school participants will a tough mountain to climb if they are to surpass their classmates’ efforts.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 November 2013 00:35
- Published on Wednesday, 20 November 2013 00:35
- Hits: 2092
On Friday, the Foxes girls’ cross-country program made history at the VHSL State 4A Cross-Country Championships, in The Plains.