- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 February 2014 12:31
- Published on Wednesday, 12 February 2014 00:27
- Hits: 1790
By defeating Chancellor (8-1, 14-4) 68-62 on their home court, they have done what no other Conference 23-team could do this season. To make matters worse for the Chargers, the Foxes dethroned them on Senior Night.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 08 January 2014 10:35
- Published on Wednesday, 08 January 2014 10:35
- Hits: 3149
Now that the 2014 portion of the King George High School winter sports season is upon us, the memories of the fall will always have their place in time. From cross-country to football, some of the area’s brightest stars stepped up to make a difference in their specialized programs.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 02 January 2014 09:55
- Published on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 00:50
- Hits: 2744
After the annual King George High School Holiday Basketball Tournament that took place on Saturday, Riverbend and host King George have one thing in common, which is they both lost to tournament champion Nansemond River by 18 points.
- Last Updated on Monday, 23 December 2013 17:20
- Published on Monday, 23 December 2013 17:20
- Hits: 2827
After nearly pulling off a miraculous win over the undefeated Courtland Cougars (47-45), on Tuesday night, the Foxes girls’ varsity basketball team was dealt another loss by Caroline (50-38). The Foxes will return to action on Jan. 1, as they travel to play conference 22 rival, Liberty-Bealton. Shortly after their first battle of the season with Liberty, the Foxes will host Mountain View.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 11:07
- Published on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 11:05
- Hits: 3517
The last time a King George Middle School wrestler grappled with an opponent was six years ago. Now, nearly a month into the winter sports season, 34 KGMS wrestlers have experienced three tournaments, and a wealth of knowledge thanks to their head coach, Rick Buckwalter. Buckwalter, and King George High School wrestling head coach Paul Kraisser have successfully pursued the issue of resurrecting the middle school wrestling program in King George.