- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 11:41
- Published on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 11:40
- Hits: 2493
The last four seconds of the game showed the character of the King George High School varsity football team. Whether it was senior place kicker Jacob Perkins kicking the winning 35-yard field goal, or the team overcoming a host of potential game-ending penalties, the factor that boldly sticks out about King George is team character—and how it played a role in defeating 6A South Conference 4 triple-A power Stafford, 20-17.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 13:51
- Published on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 13:51
- Hits: 2185
After an amazing 2012 season that featured a 10-7 overall, 9-7 Battlefield District record, the Foxes varsity field hockey team has returned on a mission to re-new the tradition of winning.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 11:18
- Published on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 03:32
- Hits: 2599
Making their fall sports season debut, members of the Foxes cheerleading team take a moment to pose for the annual school athletic brochure.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 11:32
- Published on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 05:24
- Hits: 2175
They broke the mold when he stepped aboard the Fox football program. Corey Henderson has joined 26 athletes on the Maxpreps 2013 Virginia Preseason All-State Team. The only other area athlete to join the prestigious gridiron squad is Chancellor offensive lineman Steven Moss. The senior quarterback/middle linebacker led King George High School to two back-to-back winning seasons that include a berth in the Region semi-final championship last year.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 05:47
- Published on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 05:47
- Hits: 1696
Shades of yesterday are but a distant memory for the Foxes. As area football teams prepare for another unforgettable fall sports season, King George head coach Jeff Smith is hungrier than ever to win a championship.
“I am a firm believer that you’re not going to be dealt the same hand every season,” Smith said. “You have to adjust to the hand that you’re dealt, which allows you to be flexible.”