- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:57
- Published on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:57
- Hits: 2506
There was never a doubt in the mind of Foxes (7-2) varsity football coach Jeff Smith that last week’s 35-7 loss to Courtland represented a temporary stumbling block for the fortunes of a playoff-bound team. Not only did the Foxes find redemption in their 45-14 win over visiting Caroline, but they rediscovered their swagger along with a renewed confidence level.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 10:08
- Published on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 10:07
- Hits: 2442
Last year, the Foxes left the Cougars with a 21-10 bitter taste of defeat on their competitive palate during the regular season. However, what a difference a year makes. From the opening turnover to the final Cougar touchdown, it was simply a dominating performance by Conference 22 powerhouse, Courtland.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 10:56
- Published on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 10:56
- Hits: 2473
A decision by Spotsylvania to remove a three-point field goal and the initial lead on a fourth down play would prove to be a harbinger of a thorough beat down as the King George Foxes seized the momentum after snuffing out the visiting Knights’ try for a touchdown and went on to post a 37-7 homecoming victory Friday night.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 12:07
- Published on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 00:01
- Hits: 1549
Foxes from the past to the current team are smiling from ear to ear. The last time the Foxes defeated James Monroe was in 2001. Eddie Haynes was their head coach, and George Major was his defensive coordinator.