- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 August 2014 10:44
- Published on Wednesday, 06 August 2014 10:44
- Hits: 1396
Todd Jones, the legendary new coach of the Washington & Lee Eagles, has just been on the job for a month, but he said Tuesday he is pleased with the team he is building and with the pace of the first week’s varsity football practices.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 July 2014 10:27
- Published on Wednesday, 30 July 2014 10:27
- Hits: 1506
The Washington Redskins are not the only Virginia football team beginning training with a new coach and a new optimism. Washington and Lee’s Eagles, who will have their first practice Thursday, are hitting the weight room with spirit and determination under the leadership of new coach Todd Jones.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 February 2014 11:01
- Published on Wednesday, 26 February 2014 11:01
- Hits: 2954
For the time being, the season-long five game saga of the battle of Westmoreland and the 1A East Conference 43 boys’ division has ended. On Saturday evening, at Lancaster High School, the Washington & Lee Eagles celebrated the first-ever Conference 43 Championship win over Colonial Beach High School.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 10:37
- Published on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 00:15
- Hits: 2045
Red-hot Treshaun Brown continued his torrid scoring pace Friday, as the W&L boys’ basketball team battled Rappahannock, but the effort fell short as the Raiders narrowly handed the Eagles their second Northern Neck District loss of the season, 57 to 56.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 00:03
- Published on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 00:03
- Hits: 3254
The Washington and Lee Eagles boys won and the Lady Eagles lost in games against King William last week. The W&L boys were victorious 57 to 44 and the W&L girls lost in a squeaker 45 to 43.