- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 11:11
- Published on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 00:07
- Hits: 2360
The Washington & Lee Eagles cross country team opens the season at home Sept. 4 in a meet against Lancaster, Northumberland and Essex and both the boys and girls coaches are optimistic about the upcoming season.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 August 2013 10:31
- Published on Wednesday, 07 August 2013 10:31
- Hits: 2490
Coach Antron Yates and his 2013 Washington and Lee Eagles football team began practicing for the upcoming season this week. “They are a very young but very talented football team,” Yates said. “The outlook is for them to start the rebuilding process. Most of the players that will be starting only have JV experience.”
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 11:52
- Published on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 11:52
- Hits: 2573
The Washington & Lee High School cross country team will host a 5K race at George Washington’s Birthplace National Monument on Sunday, April 21. Coach Cole Vanover said a one mile kid’s race will also be held as a part of the event.
“About two years ago, I approached the juniors on my cross country team and told them they were required to do some type of community event,” Vanover said.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 March 2013 23:41
- Published on Wednesday, 06 March 2013 00:41
- Hits: 2247
It may actually be winter for a few more weeks, but spring sports are getting underway at Washington and Lee High School in Montross and the student athletes playing soccer, baseball, softball, and track and field are eager to get started.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 September 2012 14:34
- Published on Wednesday, 12 September 2012 14:34
- Hits: 1315
Washington & Lee sophomore and rising star Kathryn Beddoo sure knows how to lead. Her first two races have resulted in two wins, by a large margin. Beddoo, the reigning Northern Neck District (NND) Champion looks poised for another great year. Last Wednesday, on her home course she blew away the field and won by nearly a minute. The race was a “Pre-Season NND Championship” meet. The NND championship meet will be held again at Washington & Lee on Oct. 24.