- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 December 2014 11:35
- Published on Tuesday, 09 December 2014 11:35
- Hits: 234
On Dec. 3 at the Drifterdome in Colonial Beach, Varina High School (2-0), a triple-A school in Henrico County, threw everything it could, including standout forward Collin Blandford at the Drifters (1-0).
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 18 November 2014 09:29
- Published on Tuesday, 18 November 2014 09:29
- Hits: 389
In spite of cold temperatures and having to play Lancaster twice in three weeks, the Drifters (9-2) defeated the Red Devils (5-6) in the first round of the 1A East Regional playoffs Nov. 14.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 November 2014 00:08
- Published on Wednesday, 12 November 2014 00:08
- Hits: 451
In spite of having four, two-way starters, including the area’s second-leading rusher, Lamar Lucas, out due to injury, Colonial Beach upset heavily favored Washington & Lee Eagles on Nov. 7.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 10:12
- Published on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 10:12
- Hits: 524
It wasn’t pretty.
In fact, the Drifters’ win against conference rival Lancaster (5-4) can best be described as downright ugly.
From the seven dropped Red Devil passes that could have changed the direction of the game, to the brawl that took place during the final play of the game, it was a game measured in verbal exchanges rather than a systematic movement of first down sticks.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 September 2014 09:45
- Published on Wednesday, 17 September 2014 09:45
- Hits: 5744
The Colonial Beach Drifters seemed to have mastered the “ground and pound” approach to football.
Led again by Lamar Lucas, the Black and Gold ran over, around and past the Franklin Broncos for 405 yards Sept. 12 at Monroe Park in Colonial Beach, as the Drifters (2-0) defeated the Broncos for the first time since 2008.