- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 March 2013 11:15
- Published on Tuesday, 12 March 2013 18:14
- Hits: 2549
Life in the Northern Neck District this season will be nothing short of a roller coaster ride filled with mind-blowing curves, fastballs, and base-clearing-doubles!
Last season, Essex won both the Northern Neck District baseball regular season and tournament crown. However, what a difference a year makes, especially when you consider the fact that the top four teams (Essex, Washington & Lee, Rappahannock and Northumberland) lost many of their top pitchers to
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 March 2013 23:09
- Published on Tuesday, 05 March 2013 23:09
- Hits: 1988
Throughout the 2012-2013 season, the Colonial Beach High School girls’ varsity basketball team successfully played with the concept of teamwork; however, their fortunes changed in the Region A, Division 1 Championship quarterfinals, at the VCU Siegel Center, in Richmond, VA, as the Altavista Colonels defeated them, 56-36.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 13:20
- Published on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 13:16
- Hits: 2786
Black & Gold pride is alive and well in Drifter-land. After a hard fought battle that took two seasons of program rebuilding, Drifter varsity boys’ head coach Jonathan Parker has finally begun harvest the spoils of a championship.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 January 2013 13:23
- Published on Wednesday, 09 January 2013 13:23
- Hits: 3852
The Journal is profiling CBHS athletes who have significant athletic contributions to their school. This week our focus is TT Carey and Dylan Farinet.
Friday, March 13, 2009, will forever cast a halo over the town by the river known as Colonial Beach. In that magical year, the Drifters boys’ varsity basketball team did the unthinkable. Utilizing a core of warriors led by
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 19:06
- Published on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 11:33
- Hits: 2359
The Drifters varsity basketball team can best be described as a swarm of killer bees. Every man on the floor has the potential to turn a game from average to off-the-charts. The Drifters opened the season with three wins off of Middlesex, King & Queen and Washington & Lee.