- Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 November 2013 00:35
- Published on Wednesday, 20 November 2013 00:35
- Hits: 1988
On Friday, the Foxes girls’ cross-country program made history at the VHSL State 4A Cross-Country Championships, in The Plains.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 10:32
- Published on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 10:27
- Hits: 2015
The Foxes are back! After compiling 69 points and giving up 14 points over the course of two games, the Foxes (8-2) offense has shifted into swagger mode. Last Friday’s 27-0 shutout over Chancellor (1-9) is evidence of that. After a minor wake-up call from their 35-5 loss to the conference champion, Courtland, the Foxes varsity football team has become stronger on both sides of the ball. In short, they are in playoff mode!
Senior Jordi Estes savored his final regular season high school game with four interceptions, 94 rushing yards, and one touchdown.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:57
- Published on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:57
- Hits: 2339
There was never a doubt in the mind of Foxes (7-2) varsity football coach Jeff Smith that last week’s 35-7 loss to Courtland represented a temporary stumbling block for the fortunes of a playoff-bound team. Not only did the Foxes find redemption in their 45-14 win over visiting Caroline, but they rediscovered their swagger along with a renewed confidence level.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 10:08
- Published on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 10:07
- Hits: 2293
Last year, the Foxes left the Cougars with a 21-10 bitter taste of defeat on their competitive palate during the regular season. However, what a difference a year makes. From the opening turnover to the final Cougar touchdown, it was simply a dominating performance by Conference 22 powerhouse, Courtland.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 10:56
- Published on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 10:56
- Hits: 2339
A decision by Spotsylvania to remove a three-point field goal and the initial lead on a fourth down play would prove to be a harbinger of a thorough beat down as the King George Foxes seized the momentum after snuffing out the visiting Knights’ try for a touchdown and went on to post a 37-7 homecoming victory Friday night.