- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 August 2014 10:47
- Published on Wednesday, 06 August 2014 10:47
- Hits: 1080
It takes a different kind of athlete to get up 5 a.m. to prepare to run 50k (31 miles) through the rugged terrain of the Dahlgren Railroad Heritage Trail, at 6:30 a.m. race-time. After six years, the course continues to challenge endurance racers from walks of life, and all around the state.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 July 2014 09:14
- Published on Wednesday, 16 July 2014 09:14
- Hits: 952
To meet William Armstead, or simply “Will” to nearly everyone who knows him, is to meet a handsome, polite, unassuming young man.
But to know Will Armstead is to recognize an intensely focused young man passionate about athletics generally, but specifically possessing a burning, overriding desire to excel at one sport in particular - football.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 11:26
- Published on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 11:26
- Hits: 1507
They saved their best for last! After it was all said and done, with 19 Foxes competing, 21 VHSL 4A State Outdoor Championship medals were brought back to King George High School.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 11:23
- Published on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 10:22
- Hits: 1533
For the fifth consecutive year, the Foxes girls’ outdoor track & field team (63 points) finished as a runner-up in the VHSL Group 4A North Regional Track & Field Championships. As for the Foxes boys’ team, they finished 12th with 20 points.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 13:15
- Published on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 13:15
- Hits: 1922
When the dust finally settled, and the Foxes outdoor girls track & field team raised the hardware associated with winning the 4A North Conference 22 Outdoor Track & Field Championship, it was crystal clear that they have embedded their names in the annals of high school sports history.