- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 11:56
- Published on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 11:56
- Hits: 2277
When the dust settled, a potential state Group AA champion stood on the doorsteps of history.
On Saturday, a huge contingent of Fox fans drove three hours to a school located off the beaten path, and nestled alongside a cotton field. Sadly, they witnessed their favorite sons lose 21-14 in the Group AA, Region I Football semi-finals.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 November 2012 15:09
- Published on Wednesday, 14 November 2012 15:09
- Hits: 2076
Last Friday, at King George High School Stadium, the Foxes took another step towards a Region I, Division 4 championship, as they defeated Grafton 33-28. Whether it was the final Clipper turnover (Jacob Baker interception) or an amazing vertical game courtesy of Corey Henderson, and De’Shon Brown, the Foxes collectively played with poise, and the heart of a champion. “We knew they (Grafton) were going to be a tough football team, and that is why we’ve come out to practice hard every day,” said Alon Clipper.
With the quarterfinal fictory, the Foxes will go on to play Smithfield High School in the semi-final game at Smithfield (second seed, 10-1, 9-1). The game will take place at Smithfield High School. Interestingly, while the Clippers will end their season with a losing record (4-7), they actually defeated Smithfield 20-7 on Oct. 7.
- Last Updated on Saturday, 10 November 2012 11:34
- Published on Thursday, 08 November 2012 13:51
- Hits: 2499
The 2012 season has been nothing short of magical for the King George High School Foxes varsity football (8-2, 5-2) team. After losing two relatively close games to James Monroe and Chancellor at the start of the season, the Foxes’ fortunes could have easily had them as the number one seed going into this week’s Regional playoff game.
- Last Updated on Saturday, 10 November 2012 11:38
- Published on Wednesday, 31 October 2012 17:19
- Hits: 1819
On Thursday, the King George High School stadium was buzzing with middle school football action.
- Last Updated on Saturday, 10 November 2012 11:19
- Published on Wednesday, 31 October 2012 17:12
- Hits: 1781
King George High School boys’ varsity head basketball coach Josh Luzier is determined to get back to the State Championship.