- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 10:54
- Published on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 10:54
- Hits: 2038
After a slow start to the season, the Washington & Lee Eagles have rolled to three straight lopsided victories that have earned them a 1-A playoff berth. Now Coach Antron Yates and his team have set their sights on earning a home postseason game.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 11:38
- Published on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 11:37
- Hits: 2392
In times of tight education budgets band uniforms get pushed well down the list of necessary items, but - while continuing to make beautiful music in the meantime - the Washington & Lee High School band is working to solve that problem.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 11:11
- Published on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 00:07
- Hits: 2231
The Washington & Lee Eagles cross country team opens the season at home Sept. 4 in a meet against Lancaster, Northumberland and Essex and both the boys and girls coaches are optimistic about the upcoming season.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 August 2013 10:31
- Published on Wednesday, 07 August 2013 10:31
- Hits: 2286
Coach Antron Yates and his 2013 Washington and Lee Eagles football team began practicing for the upcoming season this week. “They are a very young but very talented football team,” Yates said. “The outlook is for them to start the rebuilding process. Most of the players that will be starting only have JV experience.”
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 11:52
- Published on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 11:52
- Hits: 2354
The Washington & Lee High School cross country team will host a 5K race at George Washington’s Birthplace National Monument on Sunday, April 21. Coach Cole Vanover said a one mile kid’s race will also be held as a part of the event.
“About two years ago, I approached the juniors on my cross country team and told them they were required to do some type of community event,” Vanover said.