- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 00:55
- Published on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 00:55
- Hits: 1890
In every aspect of the game of baseball, Patrick Henry Community College (PHCC) sophomore Dylan Dombrowskas has taken his game to the next level. Recently named to the Region X Second Team as a designated hitter, the King George alumni and baseball standout who normally plays at first base, broke the school record for number of doubles (24). He finished the season with a batting average of .365 (2nd highest on the team). He has proven to be an iron-man, after playing in 49 games, including 195 plate appearances.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:55
- Published on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:55
- Hits: 2029
It was a perfect storm of community outreach for a noble cause. On Thursday, local law enforcement, the military and concerned citizens participated in the Third Annual King George County Sheriff’s Office Law Enforcement Run.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 April 2014 10:48
- Published on Wednesday, 30 April 2014 10:47
- Hits: 2131
Dedicated martial art enthusiasts from Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, North Carolina, Virginia and throughout the eastern seaboard gathered at King George High School on Saturday, for the 11th annual King George Karate Isshin-Ryu Open Championships.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 April 2014 09:38
- Published on Wednesday, 23 April 2014 09:38
- Hits: 2097
Friday, on the grounds of Cameron Hills Golf Course, it was a celebration of courage. For the Berry Family, and over a hundred golfers, and the staff at Cameron Hills, the annual benefit is more than a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society—it’s celebration of life for 19-year-old Wesley Berry.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 April 2014 12:01
- Published on Wednesday, 16 April 2014 12:01
- Hits: 1913
On Thursday, the Drifters won the first round of the annual Northern Neck war between the Beach and Washington & Lee, 17-0. Nick Graves went 3-3, with a grand-slam homer, a double, and a single that totaled five RBIs.