- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 July 2014 13:37
- Published on Wednesday, 16 July 2014 09:08
- Hits: 1458
Jumping from the frying pan and into the fire! Life in the often-turbulent lane of triathlon sports occupied the minds of nearly 700 athletes vying for the bragging rights of the 30th annual 2014 Pohanka Nissan/Hyundai YMCA Colonial Beach Sprint Triathlon and Pohanka Honda YMCA Colonial Beach International Triathlon. Athletes from throughout the eastern seaboard traveled to test their physical skills against the elements associated with Colonial Beach.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 00:16
- Published on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 00:16
- Hits: 1676
He may be the best freshman collegiate third baseman in the country. Andrew Knizner’s journey to a potential career in Major League Baseball is paved with gold. The N.C. State freshman with family ties to King George has exceeded all expectations.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 July 2014 10:35
- Published on Wednesday, 02 July 2014 10:35
- Hits: 988
On Saturday, Eagles Nest was transformed from a residential community into a swarming pool of endurance runners taking part in the 2014 Dirty Lion 5K Mud Run.
After running through the woods, maneuvering over a series of tires and several retaining wall climbs, splashing in a 25 foot mud pool, a dip into the Potomac River, and an all-out-mad-dash toward the finish line, Cori French became the overall women’s of the Mud Run, sponsored by the Dahlgren Lions Club.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 10:19
- Published on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 10:19
- Hits: 1222
On Saturday, the Black Dog Paddle Company, under the supervision of Maria Shultz returned to Dahlgren, VA to teach the fastest growing water sport in the country, paddle boarding.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 10:16
- Published on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 10:16
- Hits: 1152
In the 50s and 60s, when gambling was still flourishing in Colonial Beach, there was steady traffic at the little Colonial Beach airport as people flew into town to try their luck. But then the casinos closed, and so did the small airstrip.