- Last Updated on Tuesday, 16 December 2014 11:29
- Published on Tuesday, 16 December 2014 11:29
- Hits: 1655
Lady Drifters win in rout; Eagles’ boys eke out squeaker
The Colonial Beach girls and the W&L boys each won last week in a Westmoreland County high school basketball doubleheader played in Montross.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 October 2014 11:23
- Published on Tuesday, 21 October 2014 10:56
- Hits: 1708
At a baseball camp in Fredericksburg in 1948, Max Garland’s 98-mile-an-hour fastball caught the eye of a New York Yankees’ scout and the head coach of Randolph-Macon College.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 October 2014 13:51
- Published on Wednesday, 15 October 2014 13:51
- Hits: 1258
Washington & Lee’s unbeaten Eagles won their sixth in a row Friday, downing previously unbeaten Lancaster in Montross.
The game had been billed as a contest between two of the Northern Neck District’s top teams, but it wasn’t close.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 September 2014 14:14
- Published on Tuesday, 02 September 2014 14:14
- Hits: 6788
They didn’t use finesse or any degree of misdirection to defeat their crosstown rival, but on Aug. 28, the Washington & Lee Eagles ended a two-year drought by beating host King George.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 July 2014 10:33
- Published on Wednesday, 30 July 2014 10:33
- Hits: 2485
Hank Foiles, a Virginia native who was a major league baseball all-star catcher for legendary pitchers Hoyt Wilhelm and Herb Score, will be present Thursday, July 31, at Colonial Beach’s Masonic Lodge #199 to sign copies of his book, A Pirate’s Journey.