- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 July 2013 10:46
- Published on Wednesday, 03 July 2013 10:46
- Hits: 1852
It was the road through hell! When the dust finally settled, there were 233 men, women, and children covered from the top of their heads to the bottom of their feet in mud, tears, bugs, blood, and sweat. On Saturday, at the Dirty Lion 5K Mud Run and 1 Mile Leo Run, waves of endurance enthusiasts ranging from
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 July 2013 00:56
- Published on Wednesday, 03 July 2013 00:56
- Hits: 1669
A new era in summer sports has begun! NSWC employee Doug Cantrell has finally seen his dream come true. On Saturday, at Barnesfield Park, in Dahlgren, softball mania was in full force, as four teams, representing King George, Stafford, and Maryland, played in an American Softball Association Tournament
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 11:10
- Published on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 02:06
- Hits: 3968
It’s a new day for Post 89! Entering his 11th season as Post 89 King George American Legion baseball head coach, Al Landino is optimistic that his pitcher-loaded staff of 18 players will live up to the old adage of good pitching will beat good hitting any day. “We have a good quality team this year, with 18 guys that can play,” Landino said.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 23 May 2013 12:11
- Published on Thursday, 23 May 2013 12:11
- Hits: 2253
Despite a light rain, the Annual Popes Creek 1K and 5K races, held at George Washington’s Birthplace in Westmoreland County, and hosted by Washington and Lee High School’s Cross Country Team, went off without a hitch.
The 1K-winner in the kid’s division was Celene King, with a time of 8:38. The women’s 5K-winner was Vanessa Lambrect, with a time of 27:30, and the men’s
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 14:46
- Published on Tuesday, 07 May 2013 14:45
- Hits: 2740
Hannah Pierce continues to capture the spotlight both on and off the golf course. The Longwood University junior was named to the 2012-2013 All-Big South Women’s Academic Team.
The King George High School alumni has a 76.77 golf scoring average including two top-five performances