- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 11:31
- Published on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 11:21
- Hits: 3029
Prior to the 19th annual Dr. John Coker, Mary Washington Healthcare, YMCA, Thanksgiving Day Turkey 5K adult race, the younger/smaller runners ran along the corridors of Carl D. Silver Parkway. Less experienced runners, ages 6 & under participated in the half-mile race, while runners with more experience, ages 6-12, competed in the mile race.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 08 October 2013 18:12
- Published on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 08:58
- Hits: 2393
On Friday evening, Black & Gold fever filled the stands and the fences at Monroe Park, in Colonial Beach.
Redemption has its spoils, and the Drifters’ 62-8 homecoming victory over the Charles City Panthers has given Colonial Beach a renewed source of motivation, as the season moves into the second phase.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 October 2013 05:15
- Published on Wednesday, 02 October 2013 05:15
- Hits: 2501
The Foxes and Drifters are football programs headed in two very different directions this season. After the 24-0 shutout of the Drifters at King George County Stadium, the Foxes are living on cloud nine, as they spend their bye week with a 4-1 record.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 11:47
- Published on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 11:46
- Hits: 3550
The Northern Neck Rivermen, part of the Mason Dixon Football League (MDFL), dominated the Virginia Steelers this past Saturday night with a 68-6 victory. In the first quarter, the Rivermen started the scoring off with a 103- yard kickoff return from wide receiver Mike Howard. The Rivermen tried to go for the two-point conversion but just came up short, making the score 6-0. But that didn’t stop the Rivermen; quarterback Walt Covington found wide receiver Jermaine Weldon for a 55-yard touchdown, making the score 12-0. The team attempted another two-point conversion but were unsuccessful once again.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 10:35
- Published on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 10:35
- Hits: 2622
In MDFL (Mason Dixon Football League) news, the Northern Neck Rivermen hosted Arbutus Big Red this past Saturday night at King George High school field.