- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 April 2014 09:38
- Published on Wednesday, 23 April 2014 09:38
- Hits: 2368
Friday, on the grounds of Cameron Hills Golf Course, it was a celebration of courage. For the Berry Family, and over a hundred golfers, and the staff at Cameron Hills, the annual benefit is more than a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society—it’s celebration of life for 19-year-old Wesley Berry.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 April 2014 12:01
- Published on Wednesday, 16 April 2014 12:01
- Hits: 2121
On Thursday, the Drifters won the first round of the annual Northern Neck war between the Beach and Washington & Lee, 17-0. Nick Graves went 3-3, with a grand-slam homer, a double, and a single that totaled five RBIs.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 April 2014 11:08
- Published on Wednesday, 09 April 2014 11:07
- Hits: 2197
On Saturday, at the sixth annual Woodberry Forest Invitational, in Woodberry Forest, the Foxes girls’ 4x800-meter relay team set a new King George High School record in their event.
- Last Updated on Friday, 04 April 2014 12:36
- Published on Thursday, 03 April 2014 07:00
- Hits: 2352
On Friday evening, under the lights of King George High School Softball Stadium, Monica Brandts brought the music to the dance. The senior Fox delivered a banner game against conference rival Courtland (1-1) that featured a 3-3 performance, including a two-run homerun, a run, and three RBIs--which led to a 7-2 win.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 10:58
- Published on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 10:58
- Hits: 3649
Their motto “Life without a limb is limitless” is a lasting legacy of military veterans turned softball athletes. The price these veterans of post 9/11, Iraq, and Afghanistan wars paid for service is worn with a badge of courage.
On April 26, the Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team (WWAST) will compete at Barnesfield against area teams from the King George surrounding community. A portion of the entry fees will benefit the WWAST program.