- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 April 2014 12:01
- Published on Wednesday, 16 April 2014 12:01
- Hits: 2097
On Thursday, the Drifters won the first round of the annual Northern Neck war between the Beach and Washington & Lee, 17-0. Nick Graves went 3-3, with a grand-slam homer, a double, and a single that totaled five RBIs.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 April 2014 11:08
- Published on Wednesday, 09 April 2014 11:07
- Hits: 2168
On Saturday, at the sixth annual Woodberry Forest Invitational, in Woodberry Forest, the Foxes girls’ 4x800-meter relay team set a new King George High School record in their event.
- Last Updated on Friday, 04 April 2014 12:36
- Published on Thursday, 03 April 2014 07:00
- Hits: 2295
On Friday evening, under the lights of King George High School Softball Stadium, Monica Brandts brought the music to the dance. The senior Fox delivered a banner game against conference rival Courtland (1-1) that featured a 3-3 performance, including a two-run homerun, a run, and three RBIs--which led to a 7-2 win.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 10:58
- Published on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 10:58
- Hits: 3508
Their motto “Life without a limb is limitless” is a lasting legacy of military veterans turned softball athletes. The price these veterans of post 9/11, Iraq, and Afghanistan wars paid for service is worn with a badge of courage.
On April 26, the Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team (WWAST) will compete at Barnesfield against area teams from the King George surrounding community. A portion of the entry fees will benefit the WWAST program.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 09:25
- Published on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 09:25
- Hits: 3778
Perseverance pays off for a Colonial Beach High School sports legend. Three years ago, when Colonial Beach native Dylan Farinet decided to leave Virginia Wesleyan College for an opportunity to play for the University of Mary Washington Eagles men’s basketball team, there were a lot of uncertainties that stood in his way.