- Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 July 2014 10:35
- Published on Wednesday, 02 July 2014 10:35
- Hits: 1235
On Saturday, Eagles Nest was transformed from a residential community into a swarming pool of endurance runners taking part in the 2014 Dirty Lion 5K Mud Run.
After running through the woods, maneuvering over a series of tires and several retaining wall climbs, splashing in a 25 foot mud pool, a dip into the Potomac River, and an all-out-mad-dash toward the finish line, Cori French became the overall women’s of the Mud Run, sponsored by the Dahlgren Lions Club.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 10:19
- Published on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 10:19
- Hits: 1517
On Saturday, the Black Dog Paddle Company, under the supervision of Maria Shultz returned to Dahlgren, VA to teach the fastest growing water sport in the country, paddle boarding.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 10:16
- Published on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 10:16
- Hits: 1511
In the 50s and 60s, when gambling was still flourishing in Colonial Beach, there was steady traffic at the little Colonial Beach airport as people flew into town to try their luck. But then the casinos closed, and so did the small airstrip.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 12:23
- Published on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 12:23
- Hits: 1732
On Friday, the 4th annual Visualize & Rize Celebrity Golf Tournament brought 220 golfers to Cameron Hills Golf Course to compete and raise scholarship funds for Fredericksburg area high school students who aspire to go to college.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 09:42
- Published on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 09:42
- Hits: 2252
Living true to its mantra of building tomorrow’s leaders today, the Visualize & Rize Foundation recently touched the lives of 24 Fredericksburg area college-bound students. On Saturday, at Brock’s Riverside Grill, in downtown Fredericksburg, accompanied by a contingent of family and foundation supporters, two-time Pro Bowl, Chicago Bear and Superbowl Champion, Jermon Bushrod handed out scholarships totaling $12,000.