- Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 10:19
- Published on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 10:19
- Hits: 1430
On Saturday, the Black Dog Paddle Company, under the supervision of Maria Shultz returned to Dahlgren, VA to teach the fastest growing water sport in the country, paddle boarding.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 10:16
- Published on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 10:16
- Hits: 1404
In the 50s and 60s, when gambling was still flourishing in Colonial Beach, there was steady traffic at the little Colonial Beach airport as people flew into town to try their luck. But then the casinos closed, and so did the small airstrip.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 12:23
- Published on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 12:23
- Hits: 1637
On Friday, the 4th annual Visualize & Rize Celebrity Golf Tournament brought 220 golfers to Cameron Hills Golf Course to compete and raise scholarship funds for Fredericksburg area high school students who aspire to go to college.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 09:42
- Published on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 09:42
- Hits: 2166
Living true to its mantra of building tomorrow’s leaders today, the Visualize & Rize Foundation recently touched the lives of 24 Fredericksburg area college-bound students. On Saturday, at Brock’s Riverside Grill, in downtown Fredericksburg, accompanied by a contingent of family and foundation supporters, two-time Pro Bowl, Chicago Bear and Superbowl Champion, Jermon Bushrod handed out scholarships totaling $12,000.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 00:55
- Published on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 00:55
- Hits: 2406
In every aspect of the game of baseball, Patrick Henry Community College (PHCC) sophomore Dylan Dombrowskas has taken his game to the next level. Recently named to the Region X Second Team as a designated hitter, the King George alumni and baseball standout who normally plays at first base, broke the school record for number of doubles (24). He finished the season with a batting average of .365 (2nd highest on the team). He has proven to be an iron-man, after playing in 49 games, including 195 plate appearances.