- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 January 2013 12:19
- Published on Wednesday, 30 January 2013 12:19
- Hits: 2665
From baseline to baseline, the Goulds are integral cogs in the Drifter framework of talent.
Currently both Drifters varsity girls’ and boys’ basketball teams are having a stellar 2012-2013 season. Both teams are in position to win the Northern Neck District, which will mark a milestone in the Drifter sports program. While both teams are benefit from a pool of standout players, the most intriguing aspect of their
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 29 January 2013 17:52
- Published on Wednesday, 30 January 2013 00:51
- Hits: 3233
Throughout most of her life, University of Mary Washington (UMW) sophomore Alexandra Bentz has had a connection with aquatic sports. While her past athletic endeavors have helped shape her competitive focus, she has found her niche as a member of the University of Mary Washington synchronized swim team.
- Last Updated on Friday, 25 January 2013 12:01
- Published on Friday, 25 January 2013 11:58
- Hits: 3340
Two weeks ago, radio-internet enthusiasts throughout the country were given an outlet to laugh out loud, exchange banter, and indulge in off-the-hook raucous sports dialogue. They were introduced to the newest brand of talk-radio at ntnradio.com with “The Sports Syndicate,” starring Colonial Beach native and former sports star, Kevin “Sully” Sparks, and Warrenton, native, basketball coach, Marcus “Mook” Washington. It’s sports talk with a jolt of off the hook humor.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 January 2013 12:09
- Published on Wednesday, 16 January 2013 11:54
- Hits: 3406
Nick Mason Memorial Tournament winners (from left to right) KG wrestlers Alon Clipper (1st), Jacob Tucker (1st), Trevor Smith (2nd), Seth Turner (3rd), Kirk Hunter (3rd), Shea Hazelwood (2nd).
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 January 2013 11:52
- Published on Wednesday, 16 January 2013 11:52
- Hits: 1929
The measure of a star athlete is often found in the heart that beats beneath the accomplishments.
By any stretch of the imagination, Alon Clipper is not your average run of the mill standout athlete. In fact, he is arguably the best pound-for-pound athlete in the entire Fredericksburg area.