- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 July 2014 11:44
- Published on Wednesday, 23 July 2014 10:43
- Hits: 1054
The KG Her-icanes Travel Softball team won its third straight tournament on July 19 at the Nationals Warm-Up tournament in Richmond. The Her-icane ladies played well, winning their pool by way of scoring victories in their first three games.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 July 2014 11:45
- Published on Wednesday, 23 July 2014 10:32
- Hits: 992
Watercraft racing is more than just an adrenalin rush for Loyd Alspaugh, it’s a blend of danger, fun and pure excitement! On Friday, the Rankin’s team led by Alspaugh, competed with 12 other racers in the NSWC Federal Credit Union Corporate Challenge portion of the Hydro-Turf Pro Watercross Liberty Cup.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 July 2014 13:37
- Published on Wednesday, 16 July 2014 09:08
- Hits: 1219
Jumping from the frying pan and into the fire! Life in the often-turbulent lane of triathlon sports occupied the minds of nearly 700 athletes vying for the bragging rights of the 30th annual 2014 Pohanka Nissan/Hyundai YMCA Colonial Beach Sprint Triathlon and Pohanka Honda YMCA Colonial Beach International Triathlon. Athletes from throughout the eastern seaboard traveled to test their physical skills against the elements associated with Colonial Beach.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 00:16
- Published on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 00:16
- Hits: 1324
He may be the best freshman collegiate third baseman in the country. Andrew Knizner’s journey to a potential career in Major League Baseball is paved with gold. The N.C. State freshman with family ties to King George has exceeded all expectations.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 July 2014 10:35
- Published on Wednesday, 02 July 2014 10:35
- Hits: 845
On Saturday, Eagles Nest was transformed from a residential community into a swarming pool of endurance runners taking part in the 2014 Dirty Lion 5K Mud Run.
After running through the woods, maneuvering over a series of tires and several retaining wall climbs, splashing in a 25 foot mud pool, a dip into the Potomac River, and an all-out-mad-dash toward the finish line, Cori French became the overall women’s of the Mud Run, sponsored by the Dahlgren Lions Club.