- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 05:54
- Published on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 11:54
- Hits: 3686
High schools in King George, Westmoreland and Colonial Beach are facing possible budget cuts for the fifth time in five years and athletic directors are concerned about the impact the budget reductions are having on the mentoring relationships their coaches have with student athletes.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 26 March 2013 22:27
- Published on Tuesday, 26 March 2013 22:27
- Hits: 3517
Her signature is speed, and endurance. By winning the 50-yard freestyle event in the Virginia Age Group Championship, Potomac Elementary school student, and Massad YMCA Ray year-round swimmer,,Caroline Bentz has the unique distinction of being the fastest 10-year old swimmer in the state. Her time of 27.47 placed her 11 seconds faster than her
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 March 2013 11:18
- Published on Wednesday, 06 March 2013 10:32
- Hits: 2645
The day was filled with highlights for the host team as Washington & Lee ran away with their own invitational wrestling tournament, The Montrossity IV, for the first time ever. They went 5-0 on the day, rolling over Essex (66-18), King George (54-28), Mills Godwin (57-18), and Amelia (68-12) in their pool, then besting runner-up Caroline County 47-27 in the final match. Beyond the scores and the decidedly dominant performance, though, lies a much more powerful truth about the value of sport and the growth of young men and women through competition.
The opening match versus Essex was less than inspiring despite the one-sided score.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 February 2013 17:16
- Published on Wednesday, 20 February 2013 00:16
- Hits: 2886
Recently, Chris Johnson’s dream of a lengthy stay in the NBA may have been realized after signing a contract for the remainder of the season with the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 February 2013 16:25
- Published on Wednesday, 20 February 2013 00:24
- Hits: 2773
In preparation for the upcoming VHSL Group AA State Championships, at the Tolsma Track Center, in Lynchburg, members of the King George High School track girls’ and boys’ indoor track & field team practice daily after school.