- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 March 2013 11:18
- Published on Wednesday, 06 March 2013 10:32
- Hits: 2742
The day was filled with highlights for the host team as Washington & Lee ran away with their own invitational wrestling tournament, The Montrossity IV, for the first time ever. They went 5-0 on the day, rolling over Essex (66-18), King George (54-28), Mills Godwin (57-18), and Amelia (68-12) in their pool, then besting runner-up Caroline County 47-27 in the final match. Beyond the scores and the decidedly dominant performance, though, lies a much more powerful truth about the value of sport and the growth of young men and women through competition.
The opening match versus Essex was less than inspiring despite the one-sided score.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 February 2013 17:16
- Published on Wednesday, 20 February 2013 00:16
- Hits: 2986
Recently, Chris Johnson’s dream of a lengthy stay in the NBA may have been realized after signing a contract for the remainder of the season with the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 February 2013 16:25
- Published on Wednesday, 20 February 2013 00:24
- Hits: 2859
In preparation for the upcoming VHSL Group AA State Championships, at the Tolsma Track Center, in Lynchburg, members of the King George High School track girls’ and boys’ indoor track & field team practice daily after school.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 January 2013 12:19
- Published on Wednesday, 30 January 2013 12:19
- Hits: 3436
From baseline to baseline, the Goulds are integral cogs in the Drifter framework of talent.
Currently both Drifters varsity girls’ and boys’ basketball teams are having a stellar 2012-2013 season. Both teams are in position to win the Northern Neck District, which will mark a milestone in the Drifter sports program. While both teams are benefit from a pool of standout players, the most intriguing aspect of their
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 29 January 2013 17:52
- Published on Wednesday, 30 January 2013 00:51
- Hits: 4063
Throughout most of her life, University of Mary Washington (UMW) sophomore Alexandra Bentz has had a connection with aquatic sports. While her past athletic endeavors have helped shape her competitive focus, she has found her niche as a member of the University of Mary Washington synchronized swim team.