- Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 May 2015 11:02
- Published on Wednesday, 27 May 2015 11:02
- Hits: 33
Picturesque Chandler’s Millpond, a 300-year-old lake on Route 3 west of Montross, has been closed to public access by the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries due to a dam breach.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 May 2015 11:34
- Published on Tuesday, 19 May 2015 11:34
- Hits: 299
Supervisor Larry Roberson recently presented highlights of the Westmoreland County budget for the residents of Colonial Beach.
Westmoreland County Supervisors approved a budget of $24.7 million. That’s an increase of about $300,000 over last year’s budget of $24.4 million. However, the county is not imposing any new taxes.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 12 May 2015 11:30
- Published on Tuesday, 12 May 2015 11:30
- Hits: 405
At first glance Marquis Smith is a typical nine-year-old boy in fourth grade, even to his grandmother, Jacqueline Jones.
However after May 2 it was clear that Marquis is no ordinary boy but a very bright hero. His quick thinking saved his grandmother’s life.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 May 2015 09:40
- Published on Tuesday, 05 May 2015 09:39
- Hits: 1453
The trial of two lawsuits filed by Montross restaurant owner Bryan Oliff and one of his employees, Josh Sanford, against Westmoreland Deputy Sheriff Sgt. Anthony Darby has begun in Middlesex County Circuit Court.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 April 2015 10:19
- Published on Tuesday, 28 April 2015 10:19
- Hits: 581
Former President James Monroe’s birthday was Tuesday, April 28.
Westmoreland County is honoring its native son, the fifth president of the United States, with the construction of a half-mile, scenic historical walk to be completed by the end of the year at the James Monroe Birthplace in Colonial Beach.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 April 2015 09:30
- Published on Tuesday, 21 April 2015 09:30
- Hits: 1003
A six-month undercover investigation by the Tri-County Drug Task Force resulted in two recent early morning raids that led to the arrests of 11 people who now face drug-related charges in Westmoreland and King George counties.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 14 April 2015 10:16
- Published on Tuesday, 14 April 2015 10:12
- Hits: 837
Majestic Westmoreland State Park, located on the Potomac River between George Washington’s birthplace and Stratford Hall, birthplace of Robert E. Lee, has steadily grown to become one of the leading state parks in Virginia.