- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 December 2014 09:28
- Published on Tuesday, 23 December 2014 09:28
- Hits: 185
A Westmoreland County woman was killed instantly Dec. 19 when the car she was driving was struck by a septic tank truck at the intersection of Zion Church Road and Cople Highway in the eastern portion of the county.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 16 December 2014 11:38
- Published on Tuesday, 16 December 2014 11:38
- Hits: 554
Restaurant owner says he was falsely charged after sheriff’s department set up drug sting
A malicious prosecution lawsuit filed by well-known Westmoreland County restaurant owner Bryan Oliff against Westmoreland County Deputy Sheriff Anthony Darby seeking $12 million in compensatory and punitive damages is scheduled to go to trial Feb. 23 in Prince William County.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 December 2014 11:43
- Published on Tuesday, 09 December 2014 11:43
- Hits: 234
Three county events ring in the season
Holiday festivities were on the agenda throughout Westmoreland County last weekend.
The 14th Annual Christmas in Kinsale celebration, the 5th Annual Holiday House Tour and the 20th Annual Montross Christmas Spirit Festival all competed for the attention of residents and visitors.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 December 2014 14:03
- Published on Tuesday, 02 December 2014 14:00
- Hits: 337
The Westmoreland County Museum and Murphy’s Seed Company in Mt. Holly will sponsor the 5th Annual Holiday House Tour from 2-6 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 7.
The tour will begin in Montross and will travel to Hague, where visitors will be able to tour some of Westmoreland County’s most historic homes festooned for the Christmas holidays.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 November 2014 13:36
- Published on Tuesday, 25 November 2014 13:36
- Hits: 421
The Town of Montross’ revitalization efforts have exceeded expectations so far.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 08:47
- Published on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 08:47
- Hits: 603
Revitalization took center stage at the Oct. 28 Montross Town Council meeting.
The Town of Montross has been in the implementing stages of its half million dollar Community Development Block Grant it received from the state.
Of that amount, $80,000 has been dedicated to helping area businesses improve storefronts through facade improvement programs. Town Manager Brenda Reamy told the council most of the projects are completed, or very close to it. The only one that is not is the Napa building. It will be torn down and rebuilt. The building will look the same, so it still will qualify for the facade project.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 October 2014 11:22
- Published on Tuesday, 21 October 2014 11:22
- Hits: 967
The Westmoreland County Board of Supervisors has voted to deny permission for giant farming operator Parker Farms to build a migrant labor camp at the Flat Iron Road site of an abandoned nursing home.