- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 June 2015 12:53
- Published on Tuesday, 30 June 2015 12:53
- Hits: 64
Montross is planning a celebratory Independence Day festival with music, an Art Walk and a busy Market Day.
The Greater Montross Partnership for Revitalization announced plans for the events on July 3-4 as part of its First Friday Art Walk & Music Series and First Saturday Market Days.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 June 2015 11:17
- Published on Tuesday, 23 June 2015 11:17
- Hits: 259
On Father’s Day, George Henry Oliff of Montross spent time with his family. He had dinner with his two sons, Bryan and Tony and their families. But, he also – as he does every day – tended to the hundreds of happy little purple martins that have adopted him.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 June 2015 13:57
- Published on Tuesday, 09 June 2015 13:57
- Hits: 442
The Greater Montross Partnership for Revitalization wants ideas for spiffing up and encouraging greater use of the downtown square.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 June 2015 14:29
- Published on Tuesday, 02 June 2015 13:39
- Hits: 468
First Fridays and First Saturdays are back in Montross. The joyful weekend activities will continue throughout the summer on the first Friday and first Saturday of every month, sponsored by The Greater Montross Partnership for Revitalization.
This month’s celebrations will begin at 6:30 p.m. on June 5 and will feature rockabilly and blues music by local musicians Hard To Tell, and a wine garden feat
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 May 2015 11:02
- Published on Wednesday, 27 May 2015 11:02
- Hits: 1019
Picturesque Chandler’s Millpond, a 300-year-old lake on Route 3 west of Montross, has been closed to public access by the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries due to a dam breach.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 May 2015 11:34
- Published on Tuesday, 19 May 2015 11:34
- Hits: 673
Supervisor Larry Roberson recently presented highlights of the Westmoreland County budget for the residents of Colonial Beach.
Westmoreland County Supervisors approved a budget of $24.7 million. That’s an increase of about $300,000 over last year’s budget of $24.4 million. However, the county is not imposing any new taxes.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 12 May 2015 11:30
- Published on Tuesday, 12 May 2015 11:30
- Hits: 740
At first glance Marquis Smith is a typical nine-year-old boy in fourth grade, even to his grandmother, Jacqueline Jones.
However after May 2 it was clear that Marquis is no ordinary boy but a very bright hero. His quick thinking saved his grandmother’s life.