- Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 July 2015 09:50
- Published on Tuesday, 21 July 2015 09:50
- Hits: 420
In 2010 the Allen & Allen law firm began a tradition of recognizing hometown heroes to celebrate 100 years of serving Virginia residents.
Since then Allen & Allen has recognized more than 300 hometown heroes according toWestmoreland County Sheriff C. O. Balderson.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 14 July 2015 16:16
- Published on Tuesday, 14 July 2015 16:15
- Hits: 399
Westmoreland County voters going to the polls Nov. 3 will have the opportunity to vote in hotly contested races for Westmoreland County Circuit Court Clerk and Westmoreland County Sheriff.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 June 2015 12:53
- Published on Tuesday, 30 June 2015 12:53
- Hits: 447
Montross is planning a celebratory Independence Day festival with music, an Art Walk and a busy Market Day.
The Greater Montross Partnership for Revitalization announced plans for the events on July 3-4 as part of its First Friday Art Walk & Music Series and First Saturday Market Days.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 June 2015 11:17
- Published on Tuesday, 23 June 2015 11:17
- Hits: 562
On Father’s Day, George Henry Oliff of Montross spent time with his family. He had dinner with his two sons, Bryan and Tony and their families. But, he also – as he does every day – tended to the hundreds of happy little purple martins that have adopted him.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 June 2015 13:57
- Published on Tuesday, 09 June 2015 13:57
- Hits: 673
The Greater Montross Partnership for Revitalization wants ideas for spiffing up and encouraging greater use of the downtown square.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 June 2015 14:29
- Published on Tuesday, 02 June 2015 13:39
- Hits: 674
First Fridays and First Saturdays are back in Montross. The joyful weekend activities will continue throughout the summer on the first Friday and first Saturday of every month, sponsored by The Greater Montross Partnership for Revitalization.
This month’s celebrations will begin at 6:30 p.m. on June 5 and will feature rockabilly and blues music by local musicians Hard To Tell, and a wine garden feat
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 May 2015 11:02
- Published on Wednesday, 27 May 2015 11:02
- Hits: 1417
Picturesque Chandler’s Millpond, a 300-year-old lake on Route 3 west of Montross, has been closed to public access by the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries due to a dam breach.