- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 January 2016 11:33
- Published on Tuesday, 19 January 2016 11:33
- Hits: 556
Stratford Hall, the Westmoreland County plantation that was the home of the Lee family of Virginia, celebrated the birthday of famed Civil War General Robert E. Lee Saturday. Hundreds of area residents and tourists toured the Great House, listened to live entertainment, enjoyed barbecue and learned about Civil War history.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 January 2016 09:57
- Published on Tuesday, 05 January 2016 09:43
- Hits: 1398
Ralph Fallin, one of three new school board members in Westmoreland County, begins 2016 determined to help the school board develop a master plan for the future education of Westmoreland’s school children.
“The plan needs to include a new high school that incorporates the latest technology, including a performing arts center and accommodates students with special needs,” said Fallin. “We need to be innovative and consider non-traditional attractive designs that can be easily modified to accommodate evolving technology and changing teaching strategies.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 29 December 2015 14:44
- Published on Tuesday, 29 December 2015 14:44
- Hits: 501
This oyster shell Christmas tree was one of many attractions at Christmas in Kinsale which raised funds to help area residents in need during the holiday season.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 29 December 2015 14:41
- Published on Tuesday, 29 December 2015 14:41
- Hits: 544
Nestled on the Potomac River between George Washington’s birthplace and Historic Stratford Hall, Westmoreland State Park has been the scene of many joyful celebrations.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 08 December 2015 11:39
- Published on Tuesday, 08 December 2015 11:39
- Hits: 713
Music and band students from Montross middle and high school perform Christmas music at the Art of Coffee as part of Montross Spirit Festival.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 08 December 2015 11:29
- Published on Tuesday, 08 December 2015 11:29
- Hits: 533
The annual Montross Christmas Spirit Festival drew steady and happy weekend crowds as Westmoreland County residents and visitors celebrated the beginning of the Christmas season.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 01 December 2015 10:10
- Published on Tuesday, 01 December 2015 10:10
- Hits: 826
The Town of Montross is happy to announce its participation in this year’s decorating of the Virginia Governor’s Mansion Christmas Tree by submitting a custom-designed tree ornament from Montross that will adorn the governor’s tree throughout the holiday season.