- Last Updated on Tuesday, 06 October 2015 14:13
- Published on Tuesday, 06 October 2015 14:13
- Hits: 350
Operation Strike Zone, executed at approximately 4 a.m. on Thursday, Oct. 1, resulted in the arrest of 15 suspects.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 29 September 2015 14:00
- Published on Tuesday, 29 September 2015 14:00
- Hits: 355
Colin Woodward, an archivist at the University of Arkansas, has been named the editor of the digital archives of eight generations of Lee family documents maintained by Stratford Hall, according to an announcement last week by the historic Westmoreland County estate.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 September 2015 10:36
- Published on Wednesday, 09 September 2015 10:36
- Hits: 674
Westmoreland County’s Parker Farms has spent another summer feeding people all up and down the Atlantic Seaboard, and Tony Ring has a smile on his face.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 01 September 2015 11:54
- Published on Tuesday, 01 September 2015 11:54
- Hits: 566
Martin Reamy, a talented, successful artist who was born and raised in Montross, and Josh Grigsby and the County Line who just finished recording their first CD “Changes in the Tide,” will be featured during the upcoming Labor Day weekend celebration in the Westmoreland County town.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 18 August 2015 10:48
- Published on Tuesday, 18 August 2015 10:48
- Hits: 1357
Preservation Northern Neck and Middle Peninsula (PNNMP) has embarked upon a new series of preservation grants in a larger amount than its previous annual gifts.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 August 2015 10:51
- Published on Wednesday, 12 August 2015 10:51
- Hits: 1009
The Greater Montross Partnership for Revitalization held another of its First Friday art walks and concerts on the lawn across the street from the old Westmoreland Courthouse Friday and drew more than a hundred locals and visitors.
“It’s really wonderful to see everything come together for the betterment of Montross,” said Terry Cosgrove, the spokesman for the revitalization partnership.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 July 2015 09:50
- Published on Tuesday, 21 July 2015 09:50
- Hits: 904
In 2010 the Allen & Allen law firm began a tradition of recognizing hometown heroes to celebrate 100 years of serving Virginia residents.
Since then Allen & Allen has recognized more than 300 hometown heroes according toWestmoreland County Sheriff C. O. Balderson.