- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:28
- Published on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:26
- Hits: 1862
At its next regularly scheduled meeting on Nov. 13, the Westmoreland Board of Supervisors will receive a report from the Northern Neck Planning District Commission that will mean the end of a proposal to use barges to transport logs from Maryland to Westmoreland County to be milled at Potomac Supply in Kinsale.
The planning district commission was to have done a feasibility study in two phases. One report to determine whether the barge proposal was an economically viable method of transportation. If pursuit of barge transportation was feasible, then a second report was to have presented a plan for its implementation.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 00:59
- Published on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 00:59
- Hits: 2070
Montross Town Manager Brenda Reamy provided a handout to the Montross Town Council at its meeting on Aug. 27, and briefly explained how the Virginia TRIAD organization involves protecting its elderly residents from scams. Reamy asked the council if they would consider a donation to the cause, but there was some opposition from council to contribute.
- Last Updated on Monday, 12 August 2013 14:55
- Published on Wednesday, 31 July 2013 00:49
- Hits: 2345
The Westmoreland County Board of Supervisors, meeting as the administrators of the Placid Bay Sanitary District Board on Monday, approved a long-range road improvement proposal for the small Colonial Beach community.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 10:07
- Published on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 05:56
- Hits: 2032
Monday night the Westmoreland County Board of Supervisors approved four supplemental appropriations, totaling almost $17,000 for the Westmoreland Department of Social Services (DSS).