- Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 March 2015 12:57
- Published on Tuesday, 10 March 2015 12:57
- Hits: 1194
The Westmoreland County Board of Supervisors voted Monday night to add to the funding for the development of the James Monroe Birthplace Development Project because archeological researchers have found artifacts, dating to the time when Monroe’s family lived in the area, at a location where a parking lot was planned.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 18 November 2014 12:47
- Published on Tuesday, 18 November 2014 09:46
- Hits: 1308
The Westmoreland County Board of Supervisors has scheduled a public hearing for Dec. 8 on a proposal by the county’s wetlands’ board to establish a tidal wetlands fund to allow proposed projects in designated wetlands areas to provide in-lieu funding for creation of wetlands improvements in other areas.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 July 2014 10:48
- Published on Wednesday, 30 July 2014 10:48
- Hits: 1875
On July 22, Montross Town Council quickly took care of electing officers for the new fiscal year. R. David O’Dell, Jr. will remain Mayor, and Joseph P. King remains the Vice Mayor.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 11 November 2014 15:17
- Published on Tuesday, 11 November 2014 15:17
- Hits: 1677
The Westmoreland Board of Supervisors, representatives from the Virginia Department of Transportation and citizens showed up for a public hearing Monday night on a proposal to close part of Colonial Avenue in Colonial Beach only to find out Colonial Beach officials changed the proposal — but did not inform either the county or state.