- Last Updated on Tuesday, 18 November 2014 12:47
- Published on Tuesday, 18 November 2014 09:46
- Hits: 2255
The Westmoreland County Board of Supervisors has scheduled a public hearing for Dec. 8 on a proposal by the county’s wetlands’ board to establish a tidal wetlands fund to allow proposed projects in designated wetlands areas to provide in-lieu funding for creation of wetlands improvements in other areas.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 11 November 2014 15:17
- Published on Tuesday, 11 November 2014 15:17
- Hits: 2695
The Westmoreland Board of Supervisors, representatives from the Virginia Department of Transportation and citizens showed up for a public hearing Monday night on a proposal to close part of Colonial Avenue in Colonial Beach only to find out Colonial Beach officials changed the proposal — but did not inform either the county or state.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 11:28
- Published on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 11:28
- Hits: 2240
As state and federal funding to localities has been reduced, local governments across the country have been forced to tighten their belts. At the Westmoreland Board of Supervisors meeting in Montross on Monday, county officials made it plain that Westmoreland County is facing the same challenges as many other localities.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 July 2014 10:48
- Published on Wednesday, 30 July 2014 10:48
- Hits: 2376
On July 22, Montross Town Council quickly took care of electing officers for the new fiscal year. R. David O’Dell, Jr. will remain Mayor, and Joseph P. King remains the Vice Mayor.