- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 11:28
- Published on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 11:28
- Hits: 1402
As state and federal funding to localities has been reduced, local governments across the country have been forced to tighten their belts. At the Westmoreland Board of Supervisors meeting in Montross on Monday, county officials made it plain that Westmoreland County is facing the same challenges as many other localities.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 February 2014 05:47
- Published on Wednesday, 12 February 2014 05:47
- Hits: 1825
The Westmoreland County Board of Supervisors has approved moving the District One polling place from its current location at the Cople District Fire Station to the Carmel United Methodist Church at 9463 Cople Highway, in Hague.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:28
- Published on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:26
- Hits: 3200
At its next regularly scheduled meeting on Nov. 13, the Westmoreland Board of Supervisors will receive a report from the Northern Neck Planning District Commission that will mean the end of a proposal to use barges to transport logs from Maryland to Westmoreland County to be milled at Potomac Supply in Kinsale.
The planning district commission was to have done a feasibility study in two phases. One report to determine whether the barge proposal was an economically viable method of transportation. If pursuit of barge transportation was feasible, then a second report was to have presented a plan for its implementation.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 12:50
- Published on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 05:41
- Hits: 1877
Last week, the Westmoreland Board of Supervisors approved $263,715 in increased funding for the Westmoreland County School Budget. The additional money was requested by the Westmoreland County School Board and will come from federal grants.