- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 February 2014 05:47
- Published on Wednesday, 12 February 2014 05:47
- Hits: 1698
The Westmoreland County Board of Supervisors has approved moving the District One polling place from its current location at the Cople District Fire Station to the Carmel United Methodist Church at 9463 Cople Highway, in Hague.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 12:50
- Published on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 05:41
- Hits: 1750
Last week, the Westmoreland Board of Supervisors approved $263,715 in increased funding for the Westmoreland County School Budget. The additional money was requested by the Westmoreland County School Board and will come from federal grants.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 00:59
- Published on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 00:59
- Hits: 3281
Montross Town Manager Brenda Reamy provided a handout to the Montross Town Council at its meeting on Aug. 27, and briefly explained how the Virginia TRIAD organization involves protecting its elderly residents from scams. Reamy asked the council if they would consider a donation to the cause, but there was some opposition from council to contribute.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:28
- Published on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:26
- Hits: 3083
At its next regularly scheduled meeting on Nov. 13, the Westmoreland Board of Supervisors will receive a report from the Northern Neck Planning District Commission that will mean the end of a proposal to use barges to transport logs from Maryland to Westmoreland County to be milled at Potomac Supply in Kinsale.
The planning district commission was to have done a feasibility study in two phases. One report to determine whether the barge proposal was an economically viable method of transportation. If pursuit of barge transportation was feasible, then a second report was to have presented a plan for its implementation.