- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 10:40
- Published on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 10:40
- Hits: 1853
The new $9.3 million Westmoreland County Judicial Center is scheduled to open on or before March 1, according to Westmoreland County Administrator Norm Risavi.
“The project has gone very well,” said Risavi. “We are well within the budget and actually may have a surplus.”
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 10:51
- Published on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 10:51
- Hits: 2540
Many suspects already incarcerated at NNRJ
Edwin L Pope Jr., 36, Oak Grove, is currently incarcerated at Northern Neck Regional Jail without bond on ten related charges regarding child pornography.
On Friday, Oct. 25, the Westmoreland County Sheriff’s Office served 38 more indictments on Pope. Pope was charged with nine counts of production of child pornography, nine counts of using a communications system to facilitate child pornography, nineteen counts of possession of child pornography, and one count of taking indecent liberties with a minor.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 12:02
- Published on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 00:41
- Hits: 1748
A large contingency of students from Westmoreland County Public Schools and surrounding counties attended a SAT Success Workshop at Henrico High School on September 28, 2013. The workshop, “Strategies for Beating the Odds on the SAT,” was conducted by nationally known educator, John Swann.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 11:33
- Published on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 11:33
- Hits: 2150
Students at Washington District Elementary School received recognition for their outstanding display of character during the month of September. Students were nominated by their teachers for exhibiting the character trait of fairness.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 05:57
- Published on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 05:57
- Hits: 2464
It seems that the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) has misplaced some town records, but the Town of Montross has taken it in stride. However, now that the VDH has gotten their records in order, some town residents and businesses may be required to install water backflow protection.