- Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 June 2016 11:31
- Published on Tuesday, 21 June 2016 11:30
- Hits: 827
The Westmoreland County Board of Supervisors has announced that the Virginia Department of Transportation has approved a $100,000 grant to help with the cost of the new James Monroe Timeline Walk in Colonial Beach.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 June 2016 11:25
- Published on Tuesday, 21 June 2016 11:16
- Hits: 260
Governor Terry McAuliffe and two of his children joined Westmoreland State Park in celebrating 80 years of service to the people of Virginia last week. The popular Westmoreland County state park is one of the original six Virginia State Parks opened in 1936.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 07 June 2016 12:53
- Published on Tuesday, 07 June 2016 12:48
- Hits: 346
After being forced to cancel First Friday and Market Day last month because of rain, organizers were determined to get the popular Montross monthly event underway last weekend.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 31 May 2016 12:19
- Published on Tuesday, 31 May 2016 11:54
- Hits: 595
Several weeks of rain in May slowed the local fruit and vegetables market temporarily, but Sisson's Produce in Montross is now open and preparing for a sizzling summer of selling fresh fruit and vegetables to area residents.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 31 May 2016 10:42
- Published on Tuesday, 24 May 2016 12:13
- Hits: 386
Stratford Hall, the home to the Lee Family of Virginia and one of the state's top tourist destinations, is getting a new president. John Bacon, who has worked with Colonial Williamsburg for 28 years, was named last week to head the historic Westmoreland County plantation by the board of directors of the Robert E. Lee Memorial Association
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 17 May 2016 12:50
- Published on Tuesday, 17 May 2016 12:50
- Hits: 356
Annual event slated for May 28
Stratford Hall, the Westmoreland County plantation that was the home of two of America's founding fathers and the birthplace of Civil War Gen. Robert E. Lee, will host its annual Traditional Trades Fair on May 28th.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 17 May 2016 12:43
- Published on Tuesday, 17 May 2016 12:43
- Hits: 338
The Westmoreland Volunteer Fire Department received valuable training for fighting a residential home fire last week when they tackled the controlled burn of an unoccupied and uninhabited house on the property for Stratford Hall.