- Last Updated on Wednesday, 10 September 2014 10:48
- Published on Wednesday, 10 September 2014 10:48
- Hits: 172
The historic brick building at 21 Polk St., Montross, has been many things.
The original building, constructed on the site in the late 17th century, first was Minor’s Ordinary and then Spence Tavern, a way stop for weary Northern Neck travelers.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 September 2014 14:23
- Published on Sunday, 31 August 2014 14:22
- Hits: 240
Montross Town Council discussed moving May elections to November at their Aug. 26 meeting. The move would have several benefits for town residents and would save taxpayer dollars.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 26 August 2014 15:46
- Published on Tuesday, 26 August 2014 15:14
- Hits: 449
Workers with moving trucks spent Aug. 23 unloading furniture and boxes at the new $9 million Westmoreland Judicial Center in Montross, which opened for business this week.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 August 2014 11:23
- Published on Wednesday, 20 August 2014 11:21
- Hits: 625
He’s named assistant principal at Montross Middle School
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 12 August 2014 14:20
- Published on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 07:17
- Hits: 593
When Dashan Turner was a boy growing up in a small town in Mississippi, one of his teachers told him: “You will never amount to anything.”
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 00:19
- Published on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 00:20
- Hits: 726
The new Westmoreland County Judicial Center — a facility that has been in the planning stages for 25 years — officially opened with a ribbon-cutting ceremony Monday.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 July 2014 11:00
- Published on Wednesday, 23 July 2014 11:00
- Hits: 861
Parker Farms, headquartered near Oak Grove with 2,000 acres of produce growing along the Rappahannock River near Leedstown, is supplying almost every major food chain up and down the East Coast with farm-fresh vegetables this summer.