- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:47
- Published on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:47
- Hits: 1960
The First Saturday Montross Market Days returned to Westmoreland County Saturday, following a Friday evening Artwalk, and visitors and vendors crowded onto the Courthouse Green to buy and sell an impressive display of area produce, baked goods, plants, crafts, collectibles and antiques.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:44
- Published on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:44
- Hits: 4328
A four-man, three-woman Westmoreland County Circuit Court jury has found Stephen Andersen, the owner of the popular Good Eats Cafe, liable for the death of his wife during a snowstorm in 2010 and awarded an $8,000,000 judgement to his daughter and his step-daughter.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:51
- Published on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:00
- Hits: 1852
Both Westmoreland County and the Town of Montross have drafted and adopted a resolution requesting that the Governor, the Secretary of Commerce and Trade, and the Secretary of Natural Resources complete a joint report and recommendation on matters related to the production of oil and gas in the Tidewater region, as described in Virginia Code Ann. 62.1-195.1 subsection H, prior to approving any state permit for exploratory or production oil or gas wells in Westmoreland County.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 April 2014 01:03
- Published on Wednesday, 30 April 2014 01:03
- Hits: 2869
Jury selection was set to begin this week in Westmoreland County Circuit Court in the civil trial of Westmoreland County restaurant owner Stephen Anderson, accused in a $10 million wrongful death lawsuit of being responsible for the death of his wife, 49-year-old Sally Rumsey.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 April 2014 01:02
- Published on Wednesday, 30 April 2014 01:02
- Hits: 2230
In an attempt to defuse a growing controversy, the Westmoreland County School Board rescinded the controversial transfers of a popular teacher-coach and a guidance secretary prior to its Monday night meeting. The school administrators still got an earful from Washington & Lee students, parents, teachers and community leaders.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 April 2014 09:56
- Published on Wednesday, 23 April 2014 09:56
- Hits: 1850
On May 30, Elizabeth “Liz” Nash will retire as Treasurer of Westmoreland County after 28 years of service – 11 years as Treasurer. Twenty eight years ago, the Treasurer, Margaret Nash, hired Liz part time during tax time to help in the Treasurer’s Office. Two years later, Mrs. Nash retired and Earleane Branson was elected Treasurer. Mrs. Branson hired Liz as a full time employee. Liz developed a true love for the office through the interactions with the citizens over the coming years.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 April 2014 12:36
- Published on Wednesday, 16 April 2014 11:40
- Hits: 6040
The principal of Washington & Lee High School has requested and received a continuance of her Westmoreland County General District Court appearance on charges of drunk driving and use of a handheld device while driving.