- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 10:55
- Published on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 10:55
- Hits: 3671
Suspect still at large
Westmoreland County Sheriff’s Office deputies are currently looking for Robert J. Kelly, who is suspected of shooting his older brother last Friday.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 10:26
- Published on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 10:26
- Hits: 3740
After many hours of hard work by a group of dedicated volunteers, Town staff and Northern Neck Planning District staff, the Town of Montross hosted the first public preview of the facade improvements recommended by architects Ray and Dana Herlong, and the Facade Improvement Committee. A group of 35 business owners, residents and members of the facade committee met at the Westmoreland Fire Department last Wednesday, Oct. 16, to learn how recipients were chosen and to view a slideshow preview of improvements that are planned.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 10:24
- Published on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 10:24
- Hits: 2588
Beginning this weekend, West-moreland County will be the frightful scene of a busy week of spooky Halloween activities, from the Scarecrow Fest at the Colonial Beach Museum to the Third Annual Halloween Trunk or Treat in Montross.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:39
- Published on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:39
- Hits: 2420
Seniors Alexa Weeks and Davon Hamilton were chosen W&L Homecoming Queen and King. They were presented to the crowd at the halftime of Friday’s game.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 October 2013 10:33
- Published on Wednesday, 02 October 2013 10:05
- Hits: 2479
Carol Chandler, who has devoted her life to Montross and is one of the leaders of the Montross Revitalization effort, is the Grand Marshal of the parade at the Montross Fall Festival which begins this weekend.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 12:12
- Published on Wednesday, 02 October 2013 00:10
- Hits: 1977
Westmoreland County Registrar Kristin Hicks is anticipating a low turnout for the Nov. 5 general election, but is hopeful that the turnout will exceed the 37 percent of registered voters who participated in 2009, the last Virginia gubernatorial election.