- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 11:34
- Published on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 11:34
- Hits: 832
A full house of music lovers was present when the Montross Middle School presented its annual Spring Concert on May 1, 2014. Three bands, 6th Grade Beginning Band, 8th Grade Jazz Combo, and the 7th & 8th Grade Concert Band, dazzled the crowd with old standard favorites and tuneful marches.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 11:35
- Published on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 11:25
- Hits: 765
Tom and Missey Collins, owners of Northern Neck Chevrolet in Montross, celebrated Saturday with several hundred friends and customers as they held the Grand Re-Opening of their popular dealership.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:47
- Published on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:47
- Hits: 927
The First Saturday Montross Market Days returned to Westmoreland County Saturday, following a Friday evening Artwalk, and visitors and vendors crowded onto the Courthouse Green to buy and sell an impressive display of area produce, baked goods, plants, crafts, collectibles and antiques.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:44
- Published on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:44
- Hits: 1652
A four-man, three-woman Westmoreland County Circuit Court jury has found Stephen Andersen, the owner of the popular Good Eats Cafe, liable for the death of his wife during a snowstorm in 2010 and awarded an $8,000,000 judgement to his daughter and his step-daughter.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:51
- Published on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:00
- Hits: 835
Both Westmoreland County and the Town of Montross have drafted and adopted a resolution requesting that the Governor, the Secretary of Commerce and Trade, and the Secretary of Natural Resources complete a joint report and recommendation on matters related to the production of oil and gas in the Tidewater region, as described in Virginia Code Ann. 62.1-195.1 subsection H, prior to approving any state permit for exploratory or production oil or gas wells in Westmoreland County.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 April 2014 01:03
- Published on Wednesday, 30 April 2014 01:03
- Hits: 1248
Jury selection was set to begin this week in Westmoreland County Circuit Court in the civil trial of Westmoreland County restaurant owner Stephen Anderson, accused in a $10 million wrongful death lawsuit of being responsible for the death of his wife, 49-year-old Sally Rumsey.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 April 2014 01:02
- Published on Wednesday, 30 April 2014 01:02
- Hits: 1061
In an attempt to defuse a growing controversy, the Westmoreland County School Board rescinded the controversial transfers of a popular teacher-coach and a guidance secretary prior to its Monday night meeting. The school administrators still got an earful from Washington & Lee students, parents, teachers and community leaders.