- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 10:08
- Published on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 10:08
- Hits: 506
This month’s First Friday Art Walk in Montross will be packed with activities. Aside from the area locations featuring artwork, locals and visitors will get a chance to view the progress of the three murals contracted by Bridget’s Boutique, Carrot Cottage, and The Westmoreland County Museum.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 13:01
- Published on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 13:01
- Hits: 606
Americans honored the country’s fallen on Memorial Day with a variety of events, from flag observances at cemeteries, to reading lists of the fallen, to parades and picnics. Among those honoring our nation’s heroes on this day was Mickey Beard of Colonial Beach, who lost her brother in the Philippines during World War II.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 12:37
- Published on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 12:33
- Hits: 737
Senior class students of Washington and Lee High School gathered with their parents and friends on May 13, 2014 for the annual Senior Awards Program. Community awards and school department cords were presented to the students.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 11:34
- Published on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 11:34
- Hits: 898
A full house of music lovers was present when the Montross Middle School presented its annual Spring Concert on May 1, 2014. Three bands, 6th Grade Beginning Band, 8th Grade Jazz Combo, and the 7th & 8th Grade Concert Band, dazzled the crowd with old standard favorites and tuneful marches.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 11:35
- Published on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 11:25
- Hits: 813
Tom and Missey Collins, owners of Northern Neck Chevrolet in Montross, celebrated Saturday with several hundred friends and customers as they held the Grand Re-Opening of their popular dealership.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:47
- Published on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:47
- Hits: 1005
The First Saturday Montross Market Days returned to Westmoreland County Saturday, following a Friday evening Artwalk, and visitors and vendors crowded onto the Courthouse Green to buy and sell an impressive display of area produce, baked goods, plants, crafts, collectibles and antiques.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:44
- Published on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:44
- Hits: 1726
A four-man, three-woman Westmoreland County Circuit Court jury has found Stephen Andersen, the owner of the popular Good Eats Cafe, liable for the death of his wife during a snowstorm in 2010 and awarded an $8,000,000 judgement to his daughter and his step-daughter.