- Last Updated on Monday, 01 April 2013 10:38
- Published on Monday, 01 April 2013 10:37
- Hits: 3417
Harp guitarist, Stephen Bennett, will play a special Concert at Andrew Chapel United Methodist Church in Montross at 7 p.m. on Friday, April 12.
Admission is free, but there will be a free-will offering. Stephen Bennett is a musician to hear. His playing has won awards and critical praise. In live
- Last Updated on Thursday, 28 March 2013 13:48
- Published on Thursday, 28 March 2013 12:18
- Hits: 2660
Bradshaw and Covert suspected in many crimes throughout the Northern Neck
Two suspects arrested last Tuesday March 26 for breaking and entering in Montross and Oldhams are suspected in other crimes through out the Northern Neck.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 26 March 2013 19:53
- Published on Wednesday, 27 March 2013 00:53
- Hits: 2187
The Westmoreland County Board of Supervisors held a special meeting this week to discuss the ways to reduce costs and raise revenue as a result of the impact on local governments of the budget crisis that has slammed the federal and state governments for the past several years.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 28 March 2013 13:52
- Published on Wednesday, 27 March 2013 00:51
- Hits: 1951
The town of Montross had a lot of work to do before it could start utilizing the $500,000, Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) from the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development (VDHCD) for revitalization efforts.
Some of work included ensuring that policies such as nondiscrimination, grievance procedures, anti displacement plan etc had been drafted, updated and/or adopted.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 March 2013 12:06
- Published on Wednesday, 20 March 2013 12:06
- Hits: 3433
Dave Brown, Northern Neck Residency Administrator for VDOT, addressed Colonial Beach Town Council at the March meeting to hear council and public opinion on the need for installing a regular traffic light at the intersection of routes 205 and 628. He also announced a traffic study for the intersection, which is near Hall’s Supermarket.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 March 2013 10:34
- Published on Wednesday, 13 March 2013 10:34
- Hits: 3966
Two suspects are in custody, being held without bond at the Northern Neck Regional Jail, and will appear before the Westmoreland General District Court for two very different charges.
The Westmoreland Sheriff’s Office is investigating two thefts in Westmoreland County, both occurring between the evening of March 8 and the early morning of March 9.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 March 2013 23:07
- Published on Wednesday, 06 March 2013 00:37
- Hits: 3068
A new country store, Erica Mall, will open this summer at the intersection of Mt. Holly Rd. and Erica Rd. in Westmoreland County. The new store will end a long drive of up to 15 miles for residents from Nomini Bay to the Potomac River who are in need of gas and groceries