- Last Updated on Tuesday, 27 January 2015 09:44
- Published on Tuesday, 27 January 2015 09:44
- Hits: 2136
School board also responsible, according to county officials
The Westmoreland County School Board shares responsibility for the Westmoreland school system’s failure to make timely payments to the Internal Revenue Service and the Virginia State Retirement system, county records indicate.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 20 January 2015 14:28
- Published on Tuesday, 20 January 2015 14:28
- Hits: 2717
Westmoreland County Superintendent of Schools Rebecca Lowry resigned suddenly last week.
Lowry submitted a letter of resignation to the county school board declaring her intention to leave her post effective June 30.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 13 January 2015 09:15
- Published on Tuesday, 13 January 2015 09:15
- Hits: 1353
Stratford Hall, the 18th century plantation in Westmoreland County that is the birthplace of Robert E. Lee, will celebrate Lee’s birthday Jan. 17.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 06 January 2015 11:13
- Published on Tuesday, 06 January 2015 11:13
- Hits: 1483
With the opening of the new $9 million Westmoreland Judicial Center last year and the remodeling of the county’s George English Memorial Building, Westmoreland Registrar Kristin Hicks is the only remaining county official with offices at Courthouse Square.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 December 2014 09:28
- Published on Tuesday, 23 December 2014 09:28
- Hits: 1534
A Westmoreland County woman was killed instantly Dec. 19 when the car she was driving was struck by a septic tank truck at the intersection of Zion Church Road and Cople Highway in the eastern portion of the county.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 16 December 2014 11:38
- Published on Tuesday, 16 December 2014 11:38
- Hits: 1691
Restaurant owner says he was falsely charged after sheriff’s department set up drug sting
A malicious prosecution lawsuit filed by well-known Westmoreland County restaurant owner Bryan Oliff against Westmoreland County Deputy Sheriff Anthony Darby seeking $12 million in compensatory and punitive damages is scheduled to go to trial Feb. 23 in Prince William County.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 December 2014 11:43
- Published on Tuesday, 09 December 2014 11:43
- Hits: 690
Three county events ring in the season
Holiday festivities were on the agenda throughout Westmoreland County last weekend.
The 14th Annual Christmas in Kinsale celebration, the 5th Annual Holiday House Tour and the 20th Annual Montross Christmas Spirit Festival all competed for the attention of residents and visitors.