- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 April 2014 00:33
- Published on Wednesday, 09 April 2014 00:33
- Hits: 880
The Westmoreland County Board of Supervisors has unanimously passed a resolution urging Gov. Terry McAuliffe and state legislators “to reconcile their differences and pass a 2015-2016 budget.”
- Last Updated on Friday, 04 April 2014 11:50
- Published on Friday, 04 April 2014 11:49
- Hits: 1017
Westmoreland County business-man Stan Schoppe spends much of each week working to preserve a part of Americana. Schoppe owns Stan’s Skateland roller skating rink in Montross, one of just 20 roller skating rinks still open in Virginia.
- Last Updated on Friday, 04 April 2014 11:45
- Published on Friday, 04 April 2014 11:45
- Hits: 733
Twenty-nine local businesses made their annual visit to the Washington and Lee High School Career Fair on March 13. The career fair is an attempt to familiarize students with the jobs that can be found locally in the area.
- Last Updated on Friday, 04 April 2014 12:33
- Published on Friday, 04 April 2014 09:56
- Hits: 965
Girl Scout Cadettes and Seniors of Girl Scout Troops 159 and 3212 in Westmoreland County met with Valerie Prince, the Three Rivers Health District Medical Reserve Corps Coordinator.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 10:46
- Published on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 10:46
- Hits: 1357
Ten years ago, Barney Reiley, CEO of the Rappahannock Family YMCA group, met with the Caroline County supervisors with the expectations of developing a new YMCA facility in Caroline County. Today’s ribbon cutting was the pinnacle of that first meeting.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 00:12
- Published on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 00:12
- Hits: 1343
Westmoreland County Executive Norm Risavi said this week that weather problems have delayed the opening of the new Westmoreland County Judicial Center. “Weather has stopped us on a couple of things,” Risavi said.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 March 2014 10:57
- Published on Wednesday, 19 March 2014 10:57
- Hits: 946
On Tuesday, March 10, 21 persons participated at the Westmoreland County Sheriff’s Office to have their hair cut/heads shaven in support of one of law enforcement’s own who has been diagnosed with cancer.