- Last Updated on Friday, 04 April 2014 12:33
- Published on Friday, 04 April 2014 09:56
- Hits: 926
Girl Scout Cadettes and Seniors of Girl Scout Troops 159 and 3212 in Westmoreland County met with Valerie Prince, the Three Rivers Health District Medical Reserve Corps Coordinator.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 10:46
- Published on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 10:46
- Hits: 1272
Ten years ago, Barney Reiley, CEO of the Rappahannock Family YMCA group, met with the Caroline County supervisors with the expectations of developing a new YMCA facility in Caroline County. Today’s ribbon cutting was the pinnacle of that first meeting.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 00:12
- Published on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 00:12
- Hits: 1263
Westmoreland County Executive Norm Risavi said this week that weather problems have delayed the opening of the new Westmoreland County Judicial Center. “Weather has stopped us on a couple of things,” Risavi said.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 March 2014 10:57
- Published on Wednesday, 19 March 2014 10:57
- Hits: 918
On Tuesday, March 10, 21 persons participated at the Westmoreland County Sheriff’s Office to have their hair cut/heads shaven in support of one of law enforcement’s own who has been diagnosed with cancer.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 March 2014 10:54
- Published on Wednesday, 19 March 2014 10:54
- Hits: 1573
Parents, students and county officials were dismayed this week to learn that another prominent faculty member at Washington & Lee High School has been charged with driving while intoxicated.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 09:59
- Published on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 09:59
- Hits: 1408
Westmoreland County Sheriff C.O. Balderson this week thanked searchers who found the body of a missing Montross woman in some woods not far from her home on Feb. 27.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 March 2014 09:57
- Published on Wednesday, 05 March 2014 09:57
- Hits: 1008
DEQ Water regulating measures spark council concerns over possible fracking in Montross
The old saying “Water and oil don’t mix”, is ringing true for members of the Montross Town Council, who are making that statement metaphorically with their concerns over the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) regulating water usage for localities and individuals, but not for the mining industry.