- Last Updated on Tuesday, 27 October 2015 12:44
- Published on Tuesday, 27 October 2015 12:44
- Hits: 1300
Westmoreland County has five hotly contested races on the ballot for the Nov. 3 election.
Close contests for sheriff, two school board posts, the District 4 supervisor seat and a three-way race for clerk of court will be decided by voters in what is expected to be a moderate Election Day turnout.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 20 October 2015 11:55
- Published on Tuesday, 20 October 2015 11:55
- Hits: 1013
The Montross Fall Festival will feature music, festival food, a parade, contests, trick-or-treating and lots of great fun for their annual Fall Festival, held on Oct 29 through 31.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 13 October 2015 13:02
- Published on Tuesday, 13 October 2015 13:02
- Hits: 892
Adults, kids and lots of pirates filled the streets of Port Royal last weekend for the town’s Charter Day Festival.
The annual event celebrates the recognition of Port Royal as a town more than 270 years ago, and its place on the National Historical Registry. This free annual event will also feature colonial-era and Civil War history, as well as the town's famous maritime heritage.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 06 October 2015 14:13
- Published on Tuesday, 06 October 2015 14:13
- Hits: 2085
Operation Strike Zone, executed at approximately 4 a.m. on Thursday, Oct. 1, resulted in the arrest of 15 suspects.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 29 September 2015 14:00
- Published on Tuesday, 29 September 2015 14:00
- Hits: 1039
Colin Woodward, an archivist at the University of Arkansas, has been named the editor of the digital archives of eight generations of Lee family documents maintained by Stratford Hall, according to an announcement last week by the historic Westmoreland County estate.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 September 2015 10:36
- Published on Wednesday, 09 September 2015 10:36
- Hits: 1259
Westmoreland County’s Parker Farms has spent another summer feeding people all up and down the Atlantic Seaboard, and Tony Ring has a smile on his face.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 01 September 2015 11:54
- Published on Tuesday, 01 September 2015 11:54
- Hits: 1044
Martin Reamy, a talented, successful artist who was born and raised in Montross, and Josh Grigsby and the County Line who just finished recording their first CD “Changes in the Tide,” will be featured during the upcoming Labor Day weekend celebration in the Westmoreland County town.