- Last Updated on Friday, 10 January 2014 10:55
- Published on Friday, 10 January 2014 10:54
- Hits: 2434
Virginia State Police is continuing its investigation into a two vehicle fatal crash on Route 3 approximately one-tenth of a mile east of Route 657 in King George County.
- Last Updated on Friday, 10 January 2014 10:54
- Published on Thursday, 09 January 2014 11:15
- Hits: 2994
A Westmoreland teenager was killed instantly Wednesday morning when her car drifted over the yellow line and collided head-on with a dump truck on State Route 3 in King George County.
State police identified the fatality as Chandale Dillon, 18, of Colonial Beach. The driver of the dump truck received non-life threatening injuries and was taken to Mary Washington Hospital in Fredericksburg.
The accident occurred just before 8 a.m. east of the intersection of State Route 3 and U.S. 301 in King George. Dillon was driving a 2000 Honda Accord westbound when she crossed the center line into the path of the eastbound dump truck.
State police said Dillion was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the accident. Route 3 was closed to traffic for two hours as a result of the crash, officers said.
-- Richard Leggitt
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 08 January 2014 09:43
- Published on Wednesday, 08 January 2014 09:44
- Hits: 1099
Joe Howell and the Westmoreland Department of Social Services helped provide over 6,000 toys to warm the hearts of children during the holiday season. And with the polar vortex sweeping frigid cold into Virginia this week, Joe and his DSS colleagues were already back in business collecting coats, hats, scarves and gloves to warm the bodies of families in need.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 08 January 2014 00:48
- Published on Wednesday, 08 January 2014 00:48
- Hits: 1616
Sheriff’s officers in Spotsylvania are investigating the death of a Westmoreland County man who was found unconscious on the floor of a bar in Spotsylvania County on New Year’s Day.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 31 December 2013 11:19
- Published on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 11:18
- Hits: 2041
The malicious prosecution lawsuits filed by Bryan Oliff, Westmoreland County’s popular restaurant owner, and two of his employees against Westmoreland County Deputy Sheriff Anthony Darby, should go to trial in 2014.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 24 December 2013 17:00
- Published on Tuesday, 24 December 2013 17:00
- Hits: 2092
Westmoreland County Sheriff’s Office is so sure they have the right man, they have cleared nine different recent cases of larceny in and around the Montross area.
- Last Updated on Monday, 23 December 2013 16:41
- Published on Monday, 23 December 2013 16:41
- Hits: 2162
Johnathon N. Bowen, age 26 of Montross, has been arrested and charged with seven felonies involving a drive-by shooting into a residence just outside of Colonial Beach.