- Last Updated on Tuesday, 01 September 2015 11:54
- Published on Tuesday, 01 September 2015 11:54
- Hits: 1083
Martin Reamy, a talented, successful artist who was born and raised in Montross, and Josh Grigsby and the County Line who just finished recording their first CD “Changes in the Tide,” will be featured during the upcoming Labor Day weekend celebration in the Westmoreland County town.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 18 August 2015 10:48
- Published on Tuesday, 18 August 2015 10:48
- Hits: 1945
Preservation Northern Neck and Middle Peninsula (PNNMP) has embarked upon a new series of preservation grants in a larger amount than its previous annual gifts.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 August 2015 10:51
- Published on Wednesday, 12 August 2015 10:51
- Hits: 1440
The Greater Montross Partnership for Revitalization held another of its First Friday art walks and concerts on the lawn across the street from the old Westmoreland Courthouse Friday and drew more than a hundred locals and visitors.
“It’s really wonderful to see everything come together for the betterment of Montross,” said Terry Cosgrove, the spokesman for the revitalization partnership.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 July 2015 09:50
- Published on Tuesday, 21 July 2015 09:50
- Hits: 1380
In 2010 the Allen & Allen law firm began a tradition of recognizing hometown heroes to celebrate 100 years of serving Virginia residents.
Since then Allen & Allen has recognized more than 300 hometown heroes according toWestmoreland County Sheriff C. O. Balderson.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 14 July 2015 16:16
- Published on Tuesday, 14 July 2015 16:15
- Hits: 2020
Westmoreland County voters going to the polls Nov. 3 will have the opportunity to vote in hotly contested races for Westmoreland County Circuit Court Clerk and Westmoreland County Sheriff.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 June 2015 12:53
- Published on Tuesday, 30 June 2015 12:53
- Hits: 1092
Montross is planning a celebratory Independence Day festival with music, an Art Walk and a busy Market Day.
The Greater Montross Partnership for Revitalization announced plans for the events on July 3-4 as part of its First Friday Art Walk & Music Series and First Saturday Market Days.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 June 2015 11:17
- Published on Tuesday, 23 June 2015 11:17
- Hits: 1323
On Father’s Day, George Henry Oliff of Montross spent time with his family. He had dinner with his two sons, Bryan and Tony and their families. But, he also – as he does every day – tended to the hundreds of happy little purple martins that have adopted him.