- Last Updated on Wednesday, 08 January 2014 00:48
- Published on Wednesday, 08 January 2014 00:48
- Hits: 1626
Sheriff’s officers in Spotsylvania are investigating the death of a Westmoreland County man who was found unconscious on the floor of a bar in Spotsylvania County on New Year’s Day.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 31 December 2013 11:19
- Published on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 11:18
- Hits: 2055
The malicious prosecution lawsuits filed by Bryan Oliff, Westmoreland County’s popular restaurant owner, and two of his employees against Westmoreland County Deputy Sheriff Anthony Darby, should go to trial in 2014.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 24 December 2013 17:00
- Published on Tuesday, 24 December 2013 17:00
- Hits: 2111
Westmoreland County Sheriff’s Office is so sure they have the right man, they have cleared nine different recent cases of larceny in and around the Montross area.
- Last Updated on Monday, 23 December 2013 16:41
- Published on Monday, 23 December 2013 16:41
- Hits: 2177
Johnathon N. Bowen, age 26 of Montross, has been arrested and charged with seven felonies involving a drive-by shooting into a residence just outside of Colonial Beach.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 12:37
- Published on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 12:37
- Hits: 2278
Public meetings last week on proposed efforts to drill for natural gas in the ancient shale deposits that make up the Taylorsville Basin made the point that county officials in King George and Westmoreland will need to be busy in the coming months preparing regulations to protect citizens and the environment.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 17 December 2013 16:12
- Published on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 09:06
- Hits: 1458
The Town of Montross hosted its 20th Annual Spirit Festival Dec. 6, kicking off a three-day holiday celebration that included Santa, a tree lighting, a bazaar at the firehouse and open houses at local businesses.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 10:45
- Published on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 10:44
- Hits: 2297
Bobby Wease was in the sand and gravel business for 30 years. But today, he and his wife, Shirley, are known for pulled pork, barbecued ribs and smoked chicken.