- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 12:37
- Published on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 12:37
- Hits: 2190
Public meetings last week on proposed efforts to drill for natural gas in the ancient shale deposits that make up the Taylorsville Basin made the point that county officials in King George and Westmoreland will need to be busy in the coming months preparing regulations to protect citizens and the environment.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 17 December 2013 16:12
- Published on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 09:06
- Hits: 1405
The Town of Montross hosted its 20th Annual Spirit Festival Dec. 6, kicking off a three-day holiday celebration that included Santa, a tree lighting, a bazaar at the firehouse and open houses at local businesses.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 10:45
- Published on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 10:44
- Hits: 2193
Bobby Wease was in the sand and gravel business for 30 years. But today, he and his wife, Shirley, are known for pulled pork, barbecued ribs and smoked chicken.
Westmoreland School Board members collaborate with fellow education leaders at VSBA’s annual convention
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 10:06
- Published on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 05:03
- Hits: 2031
Westmoreland County Public School Board members Iris Lane, Daniel Wallace, Coralynn Wise, and Karen Jackson joined Dr. Rebecca Lowry, Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent, Cathy Rice at the Virginia School Boards Association’s Annual Convention in Williamsburg last week.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:54
- Published on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:52
- Hits: 2276
The Virginia Cooperative Extension is in the process of a needs assessment in Westmoreland County. The results of the survey will help provide relevant programs that will meet the needs of the community.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:10
- Published on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:04
- Hits: 2153
Veterans from King George and Westmoreland visited Post 252 in Montross on Veterans Day to honor their fallen colleagues, remember old times and enjoy the pancakes courtesy of the American Legion.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 10:55
- Published on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 10:55
- Hits: 2703
Suspect still at large
Westmoreland County Sheriff’s Office deputies are currently looking for Robert J. Kelly, who is suspected of shooting his older brother last Friday.