- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 13:01
- Published on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 13:01
- Hits: 967
Americans honored the country’s fallen on Memorial Day with a variety of events, from flag observances at cemeteries, to reading lists of the fallen, to parades and picnics. Among those honoring our nation’s heroes on this day was Mickey Beard of Colonial Beach, who lost her brother in the Philippines during World War II.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 12:37
- Published on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 12:33
- Hits: 1017
Senior class students of Washington and Lee High School gathered with their parents and friends on May 13, 2014 for the annual Senior Awards Program. Community awards and school department cords were presented to the students.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 11:34
- Published on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 11:34
- Hits: 1155
A full house of music lovers was present when the Montross Middle School presented its annual Spring Concert on May 1, 2014. Three bands, 6th Grade Beginning Band, 8th Grade Jazz Combo, and the 7th & 8th Grade Concert Band, dazzled the crowd with old standard favorites and tuneful marches.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 11:35
- Published on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 11:25
- Hits: 1189
Tom and Missey Collins, owners of Northern Neck Chevrolet in Montross, celebrated Saturday with several hundred friends and customers as they held the Grand Re-Opening of their popular dealership.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:47
- Published on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:47
- Hits: 1417
The First Saturday Montross Market Days returned to Westmoreland County Saturday, following a Friday evening Artwalk, and visitors and vendors crowded onto the Courthouse Green to buy and sell an impressive display of area produce, baked goods, plants, crafts, collectibles and antiques.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:44
- Published on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:44
- Hits: 2343
A four-man, three-woman Westmoreland County Circuit Court jury has found Stephen Andersen, the owner of the popular Good Eats Cafe, liable for the death of his wife during a snowstorm in 2010 and awarded an $8,000,000 judgement to his daughter and his step-daughter.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:51
- Published on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:00
- Hits: 1168
Both Westmoreland County and the Town of Montross have drafted and adopted a resolution requesting that the Governor, the Secretary of Commerce and Trade, and the Secretary of Natural Resources complete a joint report and recommendation on matters related to the production of oil and gas in the Tidewater region, as described in Virginia Code Ann. 62.1-195.1 subsection H, prior to approving any state permit for exploratory or production oil or gas wells in Westmoreland County.