- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 April 2014 01:03
- Published on Wednesday, 30 April 2014 01:03
- Hits: 1809
Jury selection was set to begin this week in Westmoreland County Circuit Court in the civil trial of Westmoreland County restaurant owner Stephen Anderson, accused in a $10 million wrongful death lawsuit of being responsible for the death of his wife, 49-year-old Sally Rumsey.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 April 2014 01:02
- Published on Wednesday, 30 April 2014 01:02
- Hits: 1547
In an attempt to defuse a growing controversy, the Westmoreland County School Board rescinded the controversial transfers of a popular teacher-coach and a guidance secretary prior to its Monday night meeting. The school administrators still got an earful from Washington & Lee students, parents, teachers and community leaders.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 April 2014 09:56
- Published on Wednesday, 23 April 2014 09:56
- Hits: 1303
On May 30, Elizabeth “Liz” Nash will retire as Treasurer of Westmoreland County after 28 years of service – 11 years as Treasurer. Twenty eight years ago, the Treasurer, Margaret Nash, hired Liz part time during tax time to help in the Treasurer’s Office. Two years later, Mrs. Nash retired and Earleane Branson was elected Treasurer. Mrs. Branson hired Liz as a full time employee. Liz developed a true love for the office through the interactions with the citizens over the coming years.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 April 2014 12:36
- Published on Wednesday, 16 April 2014 11:40
- Hits: 3541
The principal of Washington & Lee High School has requested and received a continuance of her Westmoreland County General District Court appearance on charges of drunk driving and use of a handheld device while driving.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 April 2014 00:33
- Published on Wednesday, 09 April 2014 00:33
- Hits: 1127
The Westmoreland County Board of Supervisors has unanimously passed a resolution urging Gov. Terry McAuliffe and state legislators “to reconcile their differences and pass a 2015-2016 budget.”
- Last Updated on Friday, 04 April 2014 11:50
- Published on Friday, 04 April 2014 11:49
- Hits: 1579
Westmoreland County business-man Stan Schoppe spends much of each week working to preserve a part of Americana. Schoppe owns Stan’s Skateland roller skating rink in Montross, one of just 20 roller skating rinks still open in Virginia.
- Last Updated on Friday, 04 April 2014 11:45
- Published on Friday, 04 April 2014 11:45
- Hits: 1011
Twenty-nine local businesses made their annual visit to the Washington and Lee High School Career Fair on March 13. The career fair is an attempt to familiarize students with the jobs that can be found locally in the area.