- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 April 2013 18:25
- Published on Wednesday, 10 April 2013 18:13
- Hits: 1756
Haley Balderson dreams of being a physical therapist. Her twin brother, Carrington, would like to be a major league pitcher some day. In the meantime, while waiting for their futures to develop, the ball playing Baldersons are high school sports and academic stars at Washington & Lee High School. And, if the present is an indication of the future, the days ahead for the Balderson twins are bright indeed.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 April 2013 18:09
- Published on Wednesday, 10 April 2013 00:03
- Hits: 2195
The Westmoreland Board of Supervisors has again made plain to the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) that the county needs a new traffic light installed on Route 205 at its intersection with Route 628, near Hall’s Grocery, on the road between Oak Grove and Colonial Beach.
With VDOT Representative Dave Brown in attendance at their Monday meeting, board members expressed concerned about the hazards of the county intersection which currently has a caution light for traffic on
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 10:30
- Published on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 10:30
- Hits: 1918
Montross Town Council has taken steps to resolve issues that have held up the execution of the contract between the town and the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development (VDHCD) allowing the town to start work on revitalization efforts.
Until the contract is signed, the town can not began work or utilize the $500,000 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) awarded by the VDHCD.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 10:45
- Published on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 10:25
- Hits: 1926
Two suspects arrested last Tuesday, March 26 for breaking and entering in Montross and Oldhams are suspected in other crimes through out the Northern Neck.
Between the evening hours of March 25 and the morning of March 26 Two businesses, the Mexicana II Grocery/Mariachi
- Last Updated on Monday, 01 April 2013 10:38
- Published on Monday, 01 April 2013 10:37
- Hits: 1723
Harp guitarist, Stephen Bennett, will play a special Concert at Andrew Chapel United Methodist Church in Montross at 7 p.m. on Friday, April 12.
Admission is free, but there will be a free-will offering. Stephen Bennett is a musician to hear. His playing has won awards and critical praise. In live
- Last Updated on Thursday, 28 March 2013 13:48
- Published on Thursday, 28 March 2013 12:18
- Hits: 1922
Bradshaw and Covert suspected in many crimes throughout the Northern Neck
Two suspects arrested last Tuesday March 26 for breaking and entering in Montross and Oldhams are suspected in other crimes through out the Northern Neck.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 26 March 2013 19:53
- Published on Wednesday, 27 March 2013 00:53
- Hits: 1588
The Westmoreland County Board of Supervisors held a special meeting this week to discuss the ways to reduce costs and raise revenue as a result of the impact on local governments of the budget crisis that has slammed the federal and state governments for the past several years.