- Last Updated on Monday, 16 February 2015 15:32
- Published on Monday, 16 February 2015 15:32
- Hits: 1769
The historic Leedstown Resolutions, a statement of self-determination and a protest against British taxation written 10 years before the Declaration of Independence, will be commemorated at 10 a.m. Feb. 21 at the old Yeocominco Church near Kinsale.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 February 2015 11:37
- Published on Tuesday, 10 February 2015 11:37
- Hits: 1779
Speaking to the Westmoreland County Board of Supervisors, Rebecca Lowry, the county’s superintendent of schools, expressed regret for the financial issues that have dogged the school system the past several months.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 27 January 2015 09:44
- Published on Tuesday, 27 January 2015 09:44
- Hits: 2517
School board also responsible, according to county officials
The Westmoreland County School Board shares responsibility for the Westmoreland school system’s failure to make timely payments to the Internal Revenue Service and the Virginia State Retirement system, county records indicate.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 20 January 2015 14:28
- Published on Tuesday, 20 January 2015 14:28
- Hits: 3497
Westmoreland County Superintendent of Schools Rebecca Lowry resigned suddenly last week.
Lowry submitted a letter of resignation to the county school board declaring her intention to leave her post effective June 30.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 13 January 2015 09:15
- Published on Tuesday, 13 January 2015 09:15
- Hits: 1591
Stratford Hall, the 18th century plantation in Westmoreland County that is the birthplace of Robert E. Lee, will celebrate Lee’s birthday Jan. 17.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 06 January 2015 11:13
- Published on Tuesday, 06 January 2015 11:13
- Hits: 1719
With the opening of the new $9 million Westmoreland Judicial Center last year and the remodeling of the county’s George English Memorial Building, Westmoreland Registrar Kristin Hicks is the only remaining county official with offices at Courthouse Square.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 December 2014 09:28
- Published on Tuesday, 23 December 2014 09:28
- Hits: 1791
A Westmoreland County woman was killed instantly Dec. 19 when the car she was driving was struck by a septic tank truck at the intersection of Zion Church Road and Cople Highway in the eastern portion of the county.