- Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 September 2013 00:33
- Published on Wednesday, 25 September 2013 00:33
- Hits: 1403
Members of the Montross Tea Party, which believes the federal government should be limited to exercising only those powers authorized by the Constitution, made that point Saturday by reading the Constitution on the steps of the Westmoreland County Courthouse.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 September 2013 10:47
- Published on Wednesday, 18 September 2013 10:47
- Hits: 2062
“What a way to celebrate the first day of fall,” said Jon Bachman, Stratford Hall’s public events manager.
The 7th Annual Wine and Oyster Festival at Stratford Hall will be held this weekend, beginning Saturday, Sept. 21. Bachman and the rest of the Stratford Hall team are expecting a smashingly successful event at the historic home of Virginia’s Lee family.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 12:52
- Published on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 12:52
- Hits: 2108
On Tuesday, Aug. 27, the Westmoreland County Sheriff’s Office was awarded second place in the Sheriff’s Offices’ 11 to 25 Deputies category at the Virginia Law Enforcement Challenge (VLEC) Awards Ceremony in Williamsburg. Along with the second place award, the sheriff’s office also received the “Rookie of the Year” Award for Best First-Time Entry. “To have your peers acknowledge the efforts of the Sheriff’s Office
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 12:49
- Published on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 12:48
- Hits: 2114
It appears VDOTs efforts of reduced speed and rumble strips are not reducing accidents on the stretch of State Route 205 in front of Halls Supermarket. The question in the minds of local residents is: How many accidents will it take for VDOT to make some significant changes to the traffic patterns in this area?
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 12:45
- Published on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 12:44
- Hits: 1806
The Carrot Cottage’s Carol Chandler has been named the Grand Marshal of the Oct. 5th Montross Fall Festival. “Carol was unanimously selected by the Fall Festival Steering Committee’” said Montross Town Manager Brenda Reamy.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 11:17
- Published on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 05:03
- Hits: 1988
“We are actually moving,” said Brenda Reamy. The soft-spoken Reamy was talking about the Town of Montross’ seven-year long effort to revitalize its downtown, but she just as well could have been talking about herself.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 11:03
- Published on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 11:01
- Hits: 1868
George Washington Birthplace National Monument hosted the Rappahannock Tribe for the Birthplace’s American Indian Heritage Day celebration on Saturday, Aug. 17.