- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:54
- Published on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:52
- Hits: 2411
The Virginia Cooperative Extension is in the process of a needs assessment in Westmoreland County. The results of the survey will help provide relevant programs that will meet the needs of the community.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:10
- Published on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:04
- Hits: 2280
Veterans from King George and Westmoreland visited Post 252 in Montross on Veterans Day to honor their fallen colleagues, remember old times and enjoy the pancakes courtesy of the American Legion.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 10:55
- Published on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 10:55
- Hits: 2836
Suspect still at large
Westmoreland County Sheriff’s Office deputies are currently looking for Robert J. Kelly, who is suspected of shooting his older brother last Friday.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 10:26
- Published on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 10:26
- Hits: 3451
After many hours of hard work by a group of dedicated volunteers, Town staff and Northern Neck Planning District staff, the Town of Montross hosted the first public preview of the facade improvements recommended by architects Ray and Dana Herlong, and the Facade Improvement Committee. A group of 35 business owners, residents and members of the facade committee met at the Westmoreland Fire Department last Wednesday, Oct. 16, to learn how recipients were chosen and to view a slideshow preview of improvements that are planned.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 10:24
- Published on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 10:24
- Hits: 2041
Beginning this weekend, West-moreland County will be the frightful scene of a busy week of spooky Halloween activities, from the Scarecrow Fest at the Colonial Beach Museum to the Third Annual Halloween Trunk or Treat in Montross.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:39
- Published on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:39
- Hits: 2129
Seniors Alexa Weeks and Davon Hamilton were chosen W&L Homecoming Queen and King. They were presented to the crowd at the halftime of Friday’s game.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 October 2013 10:33
- Published on Wednesday, 02 October 2013 10:05
- Hits: 2144
Carol Chandler, who has devoted her life to Montross and is one of the leaders of the Montross Revitalization effort, is the Grand Marshal of the parade at the Montross Fall Festival which begins this weekend.