- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 11:17
- Published on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 05:03
- Hits: 2040
“We are actually moving,” said Brenda Reamy. The soft-spoken Reamy was talking about the Town of Montross’ seven-year long effort to revitalize its downtown, but she just as well could have been talking about herself.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 11:03
- Published on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 11:01
- Hits: 1910
George Washington Birthplace National Monument hosted the Rappahannock Tribe for the Birthplace’s American Indian Heritage Day celebration on Saturday, Aug. 17.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 July 2013 16:53
- Published on Wednesday, 31 July 2013 07:52
- Hits: 2519
The great blue heron is a familiar sight along the banks of Popes Creek at George Washington Birthplace National Monument. These large, striking birds can be seen wading in the shallows or skimming across the surface of the water, searching for small fish.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 June 2013 11:29
- Published on Tuesday, 04 June 2013 00:44
- Hits: 1988
Montross Town Council voted to sign an agreement with Herlong Associates, Inc., to carry out planning and design duties for the town’s revitalization projects.
One of the duties Herlong will perform is to assist business owners who wish to take advantage of the Facade
- Last Updated on Thursday, 30 May 2013 13:10
- Published on Wednesday, 29 May 2013 22:58
- Hits: 3627
Following a county-wide manhunt executed by the Westmoreland County Sheriff’s Office and Virginia State Police, Jamal T. Brown, age 29, of Oldhams in Westmoreland county has been apprehended and is a suspect in the double shooting.
When Brown was arrested his last known address was Hague but records list him as now being a resident of Odhams, where the shooting took place early Monday morning.
Brown is charged with eight counts of maliciously shooting at or into an occupied vehicle, five counts of use of a firearm, committing aggravated malicious wounding (second offense), two counts of maiming, (second offense), two counts attempted murder, one count attempted maliciously wounding and one count of possession of firearm after being a convicted felon.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 29 May 2013 19:17
- Published on Wednesday, 29 May 2013 19:17
- Hits: 3517
Following a county-wide manhunt executed by the Westmoreland County Sheriff's Office and Virginia State Police, Jamal T. Brown age 29 of Hague in Westmoreland has been apprehended and is a suspect in the double shooting that took place in the early morning hours of Monday, May 27.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 30 May 2013 10:12
- Published on Wednesday, 29 May 2013 00:58
- Hits: 7137
Well-known Westmoreland County restaurant owner Bryan Oliff, a life-long resident of Montross and a popular former high school football player, and two of his employees have filed “malicious prosecution” lawsuits against Westmoreland County Deputy Sheriff Anthony Darby seeking a total of $20 million in compensatory and punitive damages.