- Last Updated on Tuesday, 13 January 2015 09:15
- Published on Tuesday, 13 January 2015 09:15
- Hits: 1661
Stratford Hall, the 18th century plantation in Westmoreland County that is the birthplace of Robert E. Lee, will celebrate Lee’s birthday Jan. 17.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 06 January 2015 11:13
- Published on Tuesday, 06 January 2015 11:13
- Hits: 1779
With the opening of the new $9 million Westmoreland Judicial Center last year and the remodeling of the county’s George English Memorial Building, Westmoreland Registrar Kristin Hicks is the only remaining county official with offices at Courthouse Square.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 December 2014 09:28
- Published on Tuesday, 23 December 2014 09:28
- Hits: 1849
A Westmoreland County woman was killed instantly Dec. 19 when the car she was driving was struck by a septic tank truck at the intersection of Zion Church Road and Cople Highway in the eastern portion of the county.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 16 December 2014 11:38
- Published on Tuesday, 16 December 2014 11:38
- Hits: 2337
Restaurant owner says he was falsely charged after sheriff’s department set up drug sting
A malicious prosecution lawsuit filed by well-known Westmoreland County restaurant owner Bryan Oliff against Westmoreland County Deputy Sheriff Anthony Darby seeking $12 million in compensatory and punitive damages is scheduled to go to trial Feb. 23 in Prince William County.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 December 2014 11:43
- Published on Tuesday, 09 December 2014 11:43
- Hits: 923
Three county events ring in the season
Holiday festivities were on the agenda throughout Westmoreland County last weekend.
The 14th Annual Christmas in Kinsale celebration, the 5th Annual Holiday House Tour and the 20th Annual Montross Christmas Spirit Festival all competed for the attention of residents and visitors.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 December 2014 14:03
- Published on Tuesday, 02 December 2014 14:00
- Hits: 1072
The Westmoreland County Museum and Murphy’s Seed Company in Mt. Holly will sponsor the 5th Annual Holiday House Tour from 2-6 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 7.
The tour will begin in Montross and will travel to Hague, where visitors will be able to tour some of Westmoreland County’s most historic homes festooned for the Christmas holidays.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 November 2014 13:36
- Published on Tuesday, 25 November 2014 13:36
- Hits: 1096
The Town of Montross’ revitalization efforts have exceeded expectations so far.