- Last Updated on Tuesday, 26 March 2013 19:53
- Published on Wednesday, 27 March 2013 00:53
- Hits: 1778
The Westmoreland County Board of Supervisors held a special meeting this week to discuss the ways to reduce costs and raise revenue as a result of the impact on local governments of the budget crisis that has slammed the federal and state governments for the past several years.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 28 March 2013 13:52
- Published on Wednesday, 27 March 2013 00:51
- Hits: 1502
The town of Montross had a lot of work to do before it could start utilizing the $500,000, Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) from the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development (VDHCD) for revitalization efforts.
Some of work included ensuring that policies such as nondiscrimination, grievance procedures, anti displacement plan etc had been drafted, updated and/or adopted.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 March 2013 12:06
- Published on Wednesday, 20 March 2013 12:06
- Hits: 2747
Dave Brown, Northern Neck Residency Administrator for VDOT, addressed Colonial Beach Town Council at the March meeting to hear council and public opinion on the need for installing a regular traffic light at the intersection of routes 205 and 628. He also announced a traffic study for the intersection, which is near Hall’s Supermarket.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 March 2013 10:34
- Published on Wednesday, 13 March 2013 10:34
- Hits: 2795
Two suspects are in custody, being held without bond at the Northern Neck Regional Jail, and will appear before the Westmoreland General District Court for two very different charges.
The Westmoreland Sheriff’s Office is investigating two thefts in Westmoreland County, both occurring between the evening of March 8 and the early morning of March 9.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 March 2013 23:07
- Published on Wednesday, 06 March 2013 00:37
- Hits: 2589
A new country store, Erica Mall, will open this summer at the intersection of Mt. Holly Rd. and Erica Rd. in Westmoreland County. The new store will end a long drive of up to 15 miles for residents from Nomini Bay to the Potomac River who are in need of gas and groceries
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 February 2013 17:03
- Published on Wednesday, 20 February 2013 00:03
- Hits: 2729
In an effort to help the Westmoreland County Sheriff’s Office deal with growing responsibilities and reduced resources, the Westmoreland Board of Supervisors Monday night approved the appointment of unpaid auxiliary deputy sheriffs.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 February 2013 16:58
- Published on Tuesday, 19 February 2013 16:58
- Hits: 2605
With the growing number of senior citizens in King George and Westmoreland Counties, the demand for effective, quality health care has increased dramatically and Westmoreland Rehabilitation and Healthcare has become a popular solution for those seeking to recover from illness, injury or surgery.