- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 December 2012 11:51
- Published on Wednesday, 19 December 2012 00:42
- Hits: 2776
Westmoreland County parents and students have expressed safety concerns as a result of the horrific shooting crisis in Newtown, Connecticut that took 28 lives on Friday. County school officials have reassured that county schools are well prepared to deal with any developing emergency.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 December 2012 12:18
- Published on Tuesday, 11 December 2012 11:29
- Hits: 1772
In response to proposed budget reductions by the State of Virginia and the looming ‘fiscal cliff’ that, if it happens, could mean $1 trillion in federal budget cuts over the next decade, Westmoreland County officials are preparing for the impact the reductions of state and federal funding will have on the county’s budget.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 11:58
- Published on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 11:58
- Hits: 2036
Montross Town Council passed a resolution last week to appropriate all Community Development Block Grant funds received towards activities to the Montross Downtown Revitalization project.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 13:15
- Published on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 13:05
- Hits: 2607
LAND TRANSFERS - WESTMORELAND - MAY, 2012
- Fannie Mae to Sanford, Richard T. & Jean A., 1.390 ac., Cople Dist., $117,000.00
- Bank of New York Mellon to Ray, Douglas, lot 52, Mk. Jackson subdivision, Town of Colonial Beach, $35,500.00
- Hamlet Homes Corporation to Callis, Lawrence Eugene, et al, lot 38A, Bk. 29C, Town of Colonial Beach, $142,000.00
- Joy, Sadie W., Trustee to Travis, Donale E. Travis, Mar., lot 11, Blk. D, Ebb Tide Beach, Sec. A, Washington Dist., $20,000.00
- Professional Foreclosure Corp. to Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp., lot 22, Block 3, Lake View Sec., Placid Bay Estates, Washington Dist., $156,773.00
- Last Updated on Monday, 12 November 2012 11:43
- Published on Monday, 12 November 2012 11:39
- Hits: 2653
From left to right: Deputy Robert M. Pitts, Rex Gordon (Northern Neck Chevrolet employee), Tom Collins (owner of Northern Neck Chevrolet), Judith Wilcox with her son Jon Wilcox (winners of a child safety seat), Brittany Johnson (Northen Neck Chevrolet employee), and Byrd Newton (winner of a child safety seat)
- Last Updated on Thursday, 08 November 2012 12:31
- Published on Thursday, 08 November 2012 12:31
- Hits: 1922
Following an advertised public hearing on Nov. 5, the Westmoreland County Planning Commission delivered a 4-0 vote that asks the board of supervisors to amend the zoning ordinance in order to allow new public sewer customers to maintain their septic systems after connecting to the county’s public waste water collection lines.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 24 October 2012 13:48
- Published on Wednesday, 24 October 2012 13:27
- Hits: 1502
Too little interest was generated when members of county government offered to make sewage collection services available to Westmoreland residents in Drum Bay, Tidwells and Glebe Harbor neighborhoods. On Sept. 21, the county advised prospective service area customers that the deadline for purchasing the system’s $3,000 connections would be extended to Nov. 16, resulting in a 60-day extension of the initially stated target date. Failure to purchase a connection by the that date would result in a connection cost of $4,800.