- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 12:52
- Published on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 12:52
- Hits: 2290
On Tuesday, Aug. 27, the Westmoreland County Sheriff’s Office was awarded second place in the Sheriff’s Offices’ 11 to 25 Deputies category at the Virginia Law Enforcement Challenge (VLEC) Awards Ceremony in Williamsburg. Along with the second place award, the sheriff’s office also received the “Rookie of the Year” Award for Best First-Time Entry. “To have your peers acknowledge the efforts of the Sheriff’s Office
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 12:49
- Published on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 12:48
- Hits: 2322
It appears VDOTs efforts of reduced speed and rumble strips are not reducing accidents on the stretch of State Route 205 in front of Halls Supermarket. The question in the minds of local residents is: How many accidents will it take for VDOT to make some significant changes to the traffic patterns in this area?
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 12:45
- Published on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 12:44
- Hits: 1990
The Carrot Cottage’s Carol Chandler has been named the Grand Marshal of the Oct. 5th Montross Fall Festival. “Carol was unanimously selected by the Fall Festival Steering Committee’” said Montross Town Manager Brenda Reamy.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 11:17
- Published on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 05:03
- Hits: 2306
“We are actually moving,” said Brenda Reamy. The soft-spoken Reamy was talking about the Town of Montross’ seven-year long effort to revitalize its downtown, but she just as well could have been talking about herself.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 11:03
- Published on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 11:01
- Hits: 2043
George Washington Birthplace National Monument hosted the Rappahannock Tribe for the Birthplace’s American Indian Heritage Day celebration on Saturday, Aug. 17.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 July 2013 16:53
- Published on Wednesday, 31 July 2013 07:52
- Hits: 2688
The great blue heron is a familiar sight along the banks of Popes Creek at George Washington Birthplace National Monument. These large, striking birds can be seen wading in the shallows or skimming across the surface of the water, searching for small fish.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 June 2013 11:29
- Published on Tuesday, 04 June 2013 00:44
- Hits: 2139
Montross Town Council voted to sign an agreement with Herlong Associates, Inc., to carry out planning and design duties for the town’s revitalization projects.
One of the duties Herlong will perform is to assist business owners who wish to take advantage of the Facade