- Last Updated on Tuesday, 29 January 2013 18:42
- Published on Tuesday, 29 January 2013 18:42
- Hits: 2628
Westmoreland County Sheriff C.O. Balderson announced that Mobile Data Terminals (MDTs) have been installed and have been “up and running” in deputy patrol vehicles since mid-November.
The MDT is one of the most valuable and important tools available to law enforcement. It has increased
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 29 January 2013 18:39
- Published on Tuesday, 29 January 2013 18:39
- Hits: 5064
Westmoreland County Sheriff C. O. Balderson visited the Colonial Beach Town Council on Monday Jan. 28, to discuss the advantages of consolidating the Colonial Beach Police Department’s dispatch with Westmoreland County’s.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 January 2013 11:32
- Published on Wednesday, 23 January 2013 11:32
- Hits: 2368
In response to the need for improved, widespread public safety awareness and to assist local sheriffs in protecting the lives and property of citizens throughout Virginia, Sheriff C.O. Balderson announced a campaign that encourages Westmoreland County residents to become Associate Members of the Virginia Sheriffs’ Institute (VSI).
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 January 2013 11:37
- Published on Wednesday, 16 January 2013 11:37
- Hits: 2241
The Westmoreland County Board of Supervisors has re-elected Darryl E. Fisher as its chairman for an additional one-year term and also re-elected District 4 Supervisor W.W. Hynson as vice-chairman. The two Westmoreland County leaders were re-elected unanimously by voice vote at a meeting of the supervisors Monday evening.
Fisher and Hynson were both elected to the board of supervisors in 1994. Both have previously served as chairman.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 December 2012 11:51
- Published on Wednesday, 19 December 2012 00:42
- Hits: 2858
Westmoreland County parents and students have expressed safety concerns as a result of the horrific shooting crisis in Newtown, Connecticut that took 28 lives on Friday. County school officials have reassured that county schools are well prepared to deal with any developing emergency.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 December 2012 12:18
- Published on Tuesday, 11 December 2012 11:29
- Hits: 1832
In response to proposed budget reductions by the State of Virginia and the looming ‘fiscal cliff’ that, if it happens, could mean $1 trillion in federal budget cuts over the next decade, Westmoreland County officials are preparing for the impact the reductions of state and federal funding will have on the county’s budget.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 11:58
- Published on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 11:58
- Hits: 2098
Montross Town Council passed a resolution last week to appropriate all Community Development Block Grant funds received towards activities to the Montross Downtown Revitalization project.